What We're Looking For
At HNTB, you can create a career that is meaningful to you while building communities that matter to all of us. For more than a century, we have been delivering solutions for some of the largest, most complex infrastructure projects across the country. With our historic growth, it is an exciting time to join our team of employee-owners.
This opportunity entails being responsible for applying planning strategies utilizing various technologies and tools to gather and analyze data, assess outcomes, and develop reporting and visuals to effectively communicate findings. This position performs tasks for planning projects including research, studies, and documentation, coordinating with multi-discipline team members, from concept development through project completion. This position directs the technical production of planning assignments as task assignee and may serve as a Project Manager on a limited basis for select medium and large-scale projects. Coordinates with project manager, project designer and other disciplines on multiple large scale and complex transportation planning projects to ensure that the client's technical requirements of projects are fully met.
Focus areas will include leading and/or preparing technical reports associated with NEPA documents (CE, EA, EIS, Reevaluation) for transportation planning projects; leading technical analyses in the areas of community impacts, induced growth, indirect/cumulative impacts, land use, socioeconomics, environmental justice, traffic noise, and air quality; assisting with the development of federal major projects documentation (PMP/FP); and assisting with the development of scopes, fees, and schedules for environmental documentation and technical analyses for proposed transportation improvements projects. What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Under minimal direction, performs a variety of more highly complex professional planning, environmental planning, landscape architecture and urban design project responsibilities, and leads technical tasks.
- Writes and/or reviews major sections of and leads production of plans, studies, reports, and environmental documents for projects. Coordinates and synthesizes the contributions of others.
- Leads, prepares, and reviews graphics, technical reports, work plans, scopes of work, fee proposals, and responses to Request for Proposals for projects. Prepares and reviews budgets, invoicing, and billing.
- Leads public and stakeholder engagement and presents information to the community.
- Provides guidance and mentors staff.
- Leads coordination with clients, sub-consultants, and in-house personnel on a regular basis to complete assigned tasks.
- Recommends process and system improvements that result in greater efficiencies, enhanced capacities, and improved service delivery.
- Supports department managers and office leadership with strategic planning, staffing/training, and other special projects.
- May serve as project manager or task lead.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Landscape Architecture, Planning, Environmental Planning, Urban Design, Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Geography, or related field and 10 years related experience, or
- Master's Degree in Landscape Architecture, Planning, Environmental Planning, Urban Design, Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Geography, or related field and 9 yrs of relevant experience
What We Prefer:
- Training and experience with the requirements of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), FHWA traffic noise model, and indirect/cumulative impacts analysis
- Prior work experience in environmental impact assessment for federal and state agencies, local tollway and regional mobility authorities, transit authorities, and/or metropolitan planning organizations
- Technical expertise in impacts assessment for transportation planning projects, specifically in the areas of induced growth, cumulative impacts, traffic noise, and air quality
- Experience working on federal major projects and preparing associated reports
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project
- Develops an advanced understanding and ensures compliance with environmental laws (i.e., NEPA, local, state and federal). Supports the Project Manager, delegates work to staff, and ensures permits are completed. Oversees and reviews the work of less experienced staff.
- Prepares environmental review documents for complex transportation projects. Serves as the Task Lead for environmental documents with the ability to write scopes and budgets without guidance from others. Reviews and oversees the work of less experienced staff.
- Drives the process and oversees the implementation of a project with updates to the schedule, budget, or deliverables for the programs. Remains knowledgeable about processes to guide others.
- Provides consultation on research approaches, evaluation methodologies, and conclusions to make recommendations to less experienced staff or clients.
- Oversees the preparation of reports and provides consultation on structure and content, including conducting quality reviews. Presents and defends reports to audiences.
- Manages client meetings and oversees preparation or meeting materials without oversight from others.
- Master's degree in Environmental/Planning Management, Planning, Environmental Science/Studies, Environmental Sustainability, Geography, Ecology, Biology, or related field.
- 10-15 years relevant planning experience within the infrastructure industry
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Dallas, TX, Fort Worth, TX, Little Rock, AR, New Orleans, LA, Plano, TX (Granite Parkway)
NOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:
HNTB does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of HNTB. HNTB will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment agencies who have fee agreements with HNTB must submit applicants to the designated HNTB recruiter to be eligible for placement fees. Job Type:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full time Job Category:
Planning Group ReqID: