Description Environmental Planner Mountain West Remote
We are the Environment & Planning Division. We are passionate about doing what's right for our clients, our people, the communities where we live and work, and the environment. We are planners, scientists, program managers, communicators, economists, technologists, and strategists. We are collaborative, curious, and committed to excellence-these are qualities we value that make us who we are and inspire us to grow. If you perform well in a fast-paced, engaging and collaborative environment, and would like to work with a diverse team of industry professionals, we encourage you to learn more about ICF (www.icf.com) and consider applying to join our team.
ICF is seeking an Environmental Planner
to support our Mountain West planning team. Position is based in Colorado with the option to work remotely within Colorado, Wyoming, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, and Nevada. ICF provides environmental planning, policy, permitting, and other services to clients. We prepare environmental impact statements and environmental assessments for complex and often controversial projects nationwide and abroad, including energy, transportation, and other infrastructure projects and regulatory programs. We manage environmental review processes that include consultation with regulatory agencies; public involvement; analysis of environmental, cultural, safety, socio-economic, and other impacts, and specification of measures to mitigate adverse impacts. Our clients include numerous federal, state, and international agencies and private companies.
Our staff work on the most current and important issues facing the nation including offshore and onshore wind energy development; other renewables projects; and management of land use, water, recreation, and other resources. Staff in this position may provide a range of services including:
What You Will Do:
- Federal, state, and local permitting and compliance for renewable and traditional energy, transmission, aviation, and other projects in compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and other regulations.
- Federal agency headquarters environmental support, including NEPA compliance.
- Technical services including biological surveys and studies, air quality analysis, noise impact assessments and other resource-related studies across a range of disciplines.
Will be responsible for planning and completing major project tasks related to the development and delivery of accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services. An Environmental Planner works on multiple projects, interacts with all levels of staff, and will apply their academic and past work experience to a wide variety of complex projects. You will work directly with clients and senior staff, as well as internal and external experts in their field of expertise. This position trains, develops and may direct the work of junior staff. What you need to have (Minimum Qualifications):
What we would like you to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Science, Natural Science, Policy, Economics, Environmental Science or related disciplines with 5+ years experience in environmental consulting (for government or private sector clients) with clients in the natural resources, energy, transportation, and related infrastructure and federal market sectors OR
- Master's Degree in Physical Science, Natural Science, Policy, Economics, Environmental Science or related disciplines with 3+ years experience in environmental consulting (for government or private sector clients) with clients in the natural resources, energy, transportation, and related infrastructure and federal market sectors
- 2+ years experience preparing NEPA documents and environmental permitting
Professional skills you will use:
- Experience supporting project management teams
- Experience with developing and maintaining project schedules, budgets, and experience writing proposals
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Teams) and any project specific software programs
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, including ability to prioritize and multi-task under strict deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to succeed with new and challenging tasks
- Builds knowledge of the business and applies understanding of ICF markets and capabilities to day-to-day responsibilities
- Sets challenging and measurable and sustainable goals in collaboration with manager(s)
- Identifies and meets the needs of clients within established guidelines
- Understands task expectations and how tasks fit in the overall project
- Works collaboratively with project team and client to achieve established goals
- Organizes written work in a manner that is clear, easy to follow, and tailored for the intended audience
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces and hires dimensions of differences.
#eandp Working at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we're not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy (https://www.icf.com/legal/equal-employment-opportunity) .
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf) and Pay Transparency Statement . Pay Range
- There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$68,325.00 - $116,152.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)