What We're Looking For
At HNTB, you can create a career that is meaningful to you while building communities that matter to all of us. For more than a century, we have been delivering solutions for some of the largest, most complex infrastructure projects across the country. With our historic growth, it is an exciting time to join our team of employee-owners.
This opportunity entails being responsible for providing environmental support from concept development through project completion including researching, gathering, and analyzing data, preparing project materials, and applying environmental law and policy to ensure compliance on behalf of the client. This position collaborates and communicates with clients and the community, creating and delivering presentations and reports. May lead the technical production of planning assignments and teams or serve as a Project Manager on a limited basis for select projects. Mentors and provide direction to earlier career staff. Will coordinate and review technical work performed by other project team members and perform quality assurance and quality control for environmental planning project deliverables.
Primary focus areas include leading and/or preparing technical reports associated with NEPA documents (CE, EA, EIS, Reevaluation) for transportation planning projects; leading technical analyses in the areas of community impacts, induced growth, indirect/cumulative impacts, land use, socioeconomics, environmental justice, traffic noise, and air quality; assisting with the development of federal major projects documentation (PMP/FP); and assisting with the development of scopes, fees, and schedules for environmental documentation and technical analyses for proposed transportation improvements projects. What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Leads aspects of internal and external coordination with project team members, including other discipline areas involved with the project.
- Leads client meetings, participates in client meetings and interactions.
- Conducts or directs research on issues, policies, and concepts pertaining to planning, and formulates recommendations.
- Leads planning processes and technical solutions that best meet the project needs.
- Prepares graphics, technical reports, fee proposals, and responses to Request for Proposals for planning projects.
- Creates project presentation materials, concepts, graphics, and reports to the client and community groups.
- Responsible for significant portions of presentations and public facilitation. Conducts public meetings/hearings/community workshops and interfaces with client groups and community stakeholders.
- Coordinates with clients, sub-consultants, and in-house personnel on a regular basis to complete assigned tasks.
- Provides work direction and leads Planners and support staff on assigned projects.
- Coordinates the preparation of scopes of work, fee proposals, and responses to RFP's for projects.
- Develops and maintains client meetings and interactions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Landscape Architecture, Planning, Environmental Planning, Urban Design, Architecture, Engineering or related field and 8 years of relevant experience, or
- Master's Degree in Landscape Architecture, Planning, Environmental Planning, Urban Design, Architecture, Engineering, or related field and 7 years of relevant experience
What We Prefer:
- Training and experience with the requirements of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), FHWA traffic noise model, and indirect/cumulative impacts analysis
- Prior work experience in environmental impact assessment for federal and state agencies, local tollway and regional mobility authorities, transit authorities, and/or metropolitan planning organizations
- Technical expertise in impacts assessment for transportation planning projects, specifically in the areas of induced growth, cumulative impacts, traffic noise, and air quality
- Experience working on federal major projects and preparing associated reports
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project
- Develops an advanced understanding and ensures compliance with environmental laws (i.e., NEPA, local, state and federal). Supports the Project Manager, delegates work to staff, and ensures permits are completed. Oversees and reviews the work of less experienced staff.
- Prepares environmental review documents for complex transportation projects. Serves as the Task Lead for environmental documents with the ability to write scopes and budgets without guidance from others. Reviews and oversees the work of less experienced staff.
- Drives the process and oversees the implementation of a project with updates to the schedule, budget, or deliverables for the programs. Remains knowledgeable about processes to guide others.
- Master's degree in Environmental/Planning Management, Planning, Environmental Science/Studies, Environmental Sustainability, Geography, Ecology, Biology, or related field.
- 8-12 years relevant planning experience within the infrastructure industry
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Dallas, TX, Fort Worth, TX, Little Rock, AR, New Orleans, LA, Plano, TX (Granite Parkway)
NOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:
HNTB does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of HNTB. HNTB will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment agencies who have fee agreements with HNTB must submit applicants to the designated HNTB recruiter to be eligible for placement fees. Job Type:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full time Job Category:
Planning Group ReqID: