Gannett Fleming's Environmental Services team is seeking a highly motivated Senior Environmental Scientist and Planner / Project Manager
to provide technical expertise and interdisciplinary team and project management across a diverse client base for variety of markets and assignments based out of our Camp Hill, Baltimore, and Valley Forge
offices. This is an excellent opportunity to manage and contribute technically to complex infrastructure projects requiring planning, environmental analysis, decision-making in accordance with NEPA and everything under the NEPA "umbrella," public involvement, and permitting.
As a Senior Environmental Scientist / Planner, you will be responsible for leading interdisciplinary project teams in environmental analysis and the overall execution of projects in the public sector across a variety of markets. Specific focus will consist of data collection; interpretation of federal, state and local agency regulations; planning and executing analysis of a wide range of environmental resources; preparation, oversight and review of work products including technical reports and permit applications, and business development.
We understand that our company is our people, and our success is rooted in their professional development. We take great pride in our learning and mentoring programs, diverse, flexible and supportive work environment, and our investment in our employee's individual growth. We foster a culture that builds relationships based on integrity and respect, with our clients and with each other. We are a firm where everyone counts, and everyone makes a difference. Come join our growing team! Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Acting as technical lead for projects requiring compliance with NEPA and everything under the NEPA "umbrella."
- Managing teams conducting field work and executing day to day activities of project development.
- Leading interdisciplinary environmental analysis for multi-discipline design projects for a variety of markets (e.g., transportation, water, and facilities).
- Acting as a liaison with other internal design disciplines, subconsultants, subcontractors, and regulatory and resource agencies
- Leading a wide range of public involvement activities and meetings.
- Delivering presentations to technical audiences and public stakeholders to communicate results.
- Leading business development and teaming for pursuits with public clients across a variety of markets and sectors. This includes marketing and preparing technical and cost proposals.
- Performing project management duties, such as developing statements of services, cost proposals, and managing financial and other project records.
- Bachelor's Degree in environmental or physical science, engineering, or closely related field. A Master's degree is desired but not required.
- Certifications including AICP, CEP, PMP, etc. are desired but not required.
- 15 years of experience and increasing responsibility in the AEC industry delivering consulting services for infrastructure projects.
- Comprehensive knowledgeable of applicable federal and state environmental regulations.
- Minimum five years of project management experience.
At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
We offer a comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, our tax-deferred 401 (K) savings plan, and the opportunity to incentive compensation for eligible positions. We are committed to your personal growth and professional development, so we offer tuition reimbursement, access to internal and external training programs and support active participation in professional organizations.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans' status or other characteristics protected by law.
Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Location: Camp Hill, PA; Valley Forge, PA; Baltimore, MD
Core Business Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PMEmployment Status: Full-Time
Internal Requisition ID: 2023-10235
Salary Range: $100,000 - $130,000 ; Salary dependent upon experience and geographic location