My client, a large Chemical Company, is currently seeking a motivated Environmental Professional to join our growing team in Silver Peak, Nevada.Â
In this role, you will work closely with capital project managers to support a variety of power sector and land development projects in Silver Peak.Â The successful candidate will work closely with our Environmental Professionals on a variety of environmental permitting, due diligence, and impact assessment projects to support our site expansion plans. The ideal candidate will have experience with environmental policy analysis, conducting regulatory research, and assembling environmental and engineering data into technical reports. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Qualifications Â
- Familiarity with environmental permitting authorities and processes (air, water, land use) within the State of Nevada. Relevant experience in the State of Nevada is a requirement for this position.
- Coordination of permitting efforts as they relate to multiple projects. Communication with project team to gather required project information and develop permit applications.
- Apply knowledge of regulatory requirements and experience to develop comprehensive permitting strategies that simplify the permitting process, reduce effort, and minimize the potential for regulatory delay.
- Communicate permit status to the project team and site leadership on a routine and timely basis.
- Drive and maintain compliance with Environmental operating permits, such as Class II Air Permit, Industrial Wastewater Discharge Permit, Landfill Permit, Land Application Permit and State or local Storm Water permits.
- Maintain and update environmental monitoring, recordkeeping, and reporting to satisfy requirements of the plant's operating permits
- Manage all aspects of the plant's Hazardous waste, Non-Regulated Waste, Solid waste, and Universal waste within Federal, State and Local guidelines.
- Provide regulatory guidance to facility leadership team and operating personnel as well as capital projects team.
- Review or change policies and procedures to comply with changes to Environmental regulations and standards.
- Facilitate required Environmental testing of chemicals, air, water and water sources.
- Work with Division resources to facilitate Corporate Sustainability reporting, GHG reporting, MACT and other current or pending regulatory requirements
- Establish rapport with outside consultants on regulatory and permitting changes.
- Develop and implement environmental programs such as air and water compliance, above-ground storage tanks, storm water management, spill prevention and control, hazardous waste and materials management, solid waste recycling
- Serve as the plant liaison on environmental issues affecting community and industrial neighbors.
- Work with the Environmental Health & Safety department in developing risk-ranked strategic plans, prioritizing and advocating capital/resource requests, and making recommendations on all aspects of environmental requirements and responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- B.S. Technical Degree
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental or Engineering related disciplines strongly preferred
- Â 8 years of experience working in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Competency in both OSHA and MSHA Compliance
- Expert level of knowledge pertaining to safety standards and best practices
- Ability to manage multiple activities with varied scope, schedule, and priorities.
- Ability to lead and manage continuous improvement by influence requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills on all fronts
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to create and manage documentation from multiple parallel efforts at one time.Â
- Ability to establish a rapport with local, state and federal governmental agencies
- Experience with programs like Excel, Access, SAP, and Process Explore/IP-21 and AWAQS preferred
- Experience with reporting systems such as e-GGRT, CDX and E-Plan is beneficial
- RCRA/DOT certification for waste management
- Â Experience with wastewater treatment technologies is preferred
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.