The UCSB NRS Executive Director is responsible for leading and overseeing all administrative, budgetary, development, and programmatic activities for the UC Santa Barbara Natural Reserve System, which operates within the UCSB Office of Research (OR) and the UC-wide NRS. The Reserves are managed through the UCSB NRS campus office that provides essential administrative and logistic support and leadership for staff and operations at the remote Reserve sites. The Executive Director works in consultation with and under the general direction of the UCSB NRS Director. The Executive Director oversees all personnel and budgetary aspects of the UCSB NRS, including fundraising. The incumbent leads and engages in strategic planning and program implementation on behalf of the UCSB NRS and the Reserves. In representing and leading the UCSB NRS, the incumbent interacts regularly with UCSB NRS Director, the UCSB Office of Research, the UCSB NRS Advisory Committee, the UC NRS, and all staff of the UCSB NRS, as well as UCSB campus departments and units affiliated with or servicing the UCSB NRS and external stakeholders in government, private, academic, and other sectors as appropriate.
• Advanced business degree, with experience in strategic leadership of organizations relevant to the operations of the Natural Reserves.
• Excellent problem solving skills, and outstanding oral and written communication skills.
• Experience working with diverse groups, stakeholders, and external agencies.
• Computer literacy including web based research and office productivity software.
• Willingness to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
• 4-6 yrs Experience in strategic organizational leadership and initiative, and in personnel supervision, administration, budgets, and data analysis.
• 1-3 yrs Experience in program development, grant writing, and project management.
• 1-3 yrs Experience navigating compliance with state and federal regulations.
• 4-6 yrs Background in conservation, environmental or physical sciences.
Special Conditions of Employment:
• Maintain a valid CA driver’s license, a clean DMV record and enrollment in the DMV Employer Pull-Notice Program
• Satisfactory criminal history background check.
• UCSB is a Tobacco-Free environment.
Full Salary Range: $124,200 - $184,000/yr.
Days/Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:00am-5:00pm
Benefits Eligibility: Full Benefits
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Application review begins: 10/13/23.
Apply online at https://jobs.ucsb.edu