AbbVie's mission is to discover and de l iver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health, and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com .
Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube , and LinkedIn . Environmental Health & Safety Intern Overview
Envision spending your summer working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders, all while gaining world- class experience in one of the most dynamic organizations in the pharmaceutical industry. This is a reality for AbbVie's Experiential I nterns.
We have an exciting career opportunity for an EHS internship in our global EHS team supporting the internal manufacturing and engineering organization. In this role, you will provide site level occupational hygiene and ergonomic technical support. Key responsibilities include:
- Perform qualitative and quantitative occupational hygiene risk assessment and exposure monitoring.
- Develop sampling strategy, technical reports, and generate recommendations to reduce risk.
- Perform ergonomic workspace evaluations and process design risk assessments. Generate technical reports and recommendations to reduce risk.
- Develop and deliver occupational hygiene and ergonomic training.
Preferred Qualifications (Optional)
- Currently enrolled in university, pursuing a Master's in Public health, Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or other related field
- Must be returning to university the semester following your internship
- Expected graduation date between December 2024 - June 2025
- Working experiencing in developing occupational hygiene sampling plans, performing sampling, data analysis, and report generation .
- Ability to actively listen, communicate, build , and maintain effective working relationships with internal/external colleagues and stakeholders.
- Working experiencing in performing ergonomic risk assessments and evaluations is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.