Our team is seeking a Regional Environmental Manager (REM) who will lead and drive environmental operational excellence across Amazon Robotics Sortable Fulfillment Centers in the States of Ohio and Maryland. The REM will be responsible for ensuring environmental strategy and operational tactics are executed by providing technical support for existing operations and future expansion across the country. This role is based out of an Amazon corporate office and will require travel up to 50%.
Key job responsibilities
- Utilize risk assessments and compliance evaluations, to lead continuous improvement initiatives to minimize environmental aspects and impacts and communicate and implement best practices.
- Manage and execute multi-site responsibilities to comply with air emissions, storm-water, waste, wastewater and other environmental related laws, regulations and permits, which includes required Federal, State and local reporting such as USEPA, EPCRA/SARA, Form R, and Tier II, state mandated permit reporting, and other required reporting as needed
- Develop and maintain relationships with business partners to support their success in environmental compliance, performance and sustainability initiatives
- Drive an environmentally responsible culture within the organization
- Manage and execute business conformance with Amazon Environmental policies through effective execution of Amazon Operational Environmental Procedures
- Develop relevant environmental procedures as dictated by business and regulatory needs
- Provide strategic environmental support and regulatory review for future business growth and expansion
- Partner with operations, special projects and support teams in supporting the change management process
- With continual scaling of organization, will grow to manage a team to successfully support business needs
- Facilitate root cause analyses for all environmental incidents and recommend appropriate corrective actions for network implementation.
- Conduct risk assessments and audits as necessary.
- Measure and analyze sites' performance against requirements and policies.
- Will use their written and verbal communication skills to communicate with leadership team
A day in the life
This role will be based in the Mid-Atlantic and will report to the Senior Regional Environmental Manager of AR East Super Region. Travel to fulfillment centers is expected up to 50% of the time.
The REM will partner with the AR Sortable FC operations leadership teams to execute company environmental procedures and ensure compliance with all applicable specific Federal, State and Local regulations. The REM will use their expertise in the environmental regulatory arena, through the use of program tools and will deliver a strategy for execution for supported by the EAP leadership team.
About the team
The Environmental Assurance and Protection team protects Amazon businesses and supports the needs of our customers by proactively mitigating environmental regulatory risks and protecting the environment.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Nashville, TN, USA
- 5+ years of directly managing and responsible for multiple large projects experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience and strong technical background in relevant fields of automated or non-automated material handling equipment
- Master's degree in engineering, mechanical, operations, supply chain, business administration, or equivalent STEM field
- Experience in Lean Management, Six Sigma and other operations engineer tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.