About Us Quality Control Microbiology - Allergen Lab Analyst (Nights) Zeeland, MI Competitive Salary & excellent benefits package
This position resides within our Environmental Microbiology and Allergen Laboratory Night Shift Team. The schedule is weekdays during the night shift, with roughly one weekend coverage per month.Responsibilities
In this role, the Analyst performs site environmental Microbiology sampling and testing, and environmental and finished product Allergens testing, using a wide range of test methodology. The Analyst coordinates test schedules, provides result communication, and participates in process improvements. Also responsible for participation in all aspects of lab systems management and regulatory compliance.
The successful applicant will join a strong team that will provide supportive orientation and training. This role offers a wide range of laboratory and Food Safety experience and development, and direct involvement in using this work to ensure Quality in the plant environment and finished product. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Microbiology, Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, or related field
- Laboratory skills and hygienic technique
- Lab experience with general Microbiology, such as cultural methods, ELISA, PCR, and biochemical assays.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good documentation practices and data comprehension
- Computer skills (such as GLIMS, Optiva, SAP, MS Office, Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage special projects and process improvements
- Ability to take samples in a dynamic processing plant setting, while following established Good Manufacturing Practices
- Flexibility in schedule as need to support a team environment
- 401k plan matching 75% of your first 6% of savings plus a 4% profit sharing contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life, and disability insurance
- 4 weeks vacation plus 3 floating holidays
- 2 paid volunteer days
- 26 weeks paid maternity leave, 16 weeks paid paternity leave, and fertility support
- Tuition reimbursement
At Reckitt, we recognise that in real life, great people don't always ‘tick all the boxes'. That's why we hire for potential as well as experience. Even if you don't meet every point on the job description, if this role and our company feels like a good fit for you, we still want to hear from you. Come and join a team whose purpose is to protect, heal and nurture in the relentless pursuit of a cleaner and healthier world.
All qualified applicants to Reckitt will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability or medical condition; colour, ethnicity, race, citizenship, and national origin; religion, faith; pregnancy, family status and caring responsibilities; sexual orientation; sex, gender identity, gender expression, and transgender identity; protected veteran status; size or any other basis protected by appropriate law. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.