Senior Environmental Health and Safety EHS Specialist - Environmental
Seneca, SC, US, 29678 About BASF Environmental Catalyst and Metal Solutions
Leveraging its deep expertise as the global leader in catalysis and precious metals, BASF Environmental Catalyst and Metal Solutions (ECMS) serves customers in many industries including automotive, aerospace, indoor air quality, semiconductors, and hydrogen economy, and provides full loop services with its precious metals trading and recycling offering. With a focus on circular solutions and sustainability, ECMS is committed to helping our customers create a cleaner, more sustainable world. Protecting our elements of life is our purpose and this inspires us to ever-new solutions.
ECMS operates globally in 15 countries with approximately 20 production sites and over 4,000 employees. As a Senior EH&S Specialist - Environmental you will LEAD by……….
Your elements for success……
- Working with three other EHS professionals in the direct support of all aspects of the site EHS Program.
- Managing the site environmental programs with focus on maintaining compliance with the site's Title V air permit and hazardous waste programs.
- Managing other program areas include SWPPP, SPCC and EPCRA/SARA reporting compliance.
- Optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of the site Environmental programs.
- Applying your strong Title V air permitting experience to maintain compliance with the Title V operating permit, including preparing applications for air permit modifications, Title V compliance reports, and air emission estimates. Additionally, you will oversee stack testing consultants on a routine basis.
- Utilizing your hazardous waste regulatory experience in the areas of waste determinations, precious metals exclusion, e-Manifest, and large quantity generator regulations, to review and approve waste profiles for incoming spent precious metal catalysts for compliance with air, wastewater and waste programs.
- Providing governance and oversight of EHS environmental programs and identify and implement cost reduction programs.
- Contributing any knowledge and experience you have in occupational safety regulatory matters such as hazard recognition, job hazard analysis and process hazard analysis, you will participate in Process Hazard Analysis activities and technical review of process changes. You will also use theses kills to identify and obtain permit modifications associated with process changes.
- Working as a team player, providing input to the EHS Team Manager and routinely interface with regulatory agencies on permitting, compliance and/or enforcement issues.
You @ BASF ECMS
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Environmental Science (or closely related) and/or 5+ years' experience managing environmental programs at a chemical plant or closely similar environment.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office tools to maintain spreadsheets, execute word processing, and database management, and maintain written EHS environmental procedures and provide training to site personnel.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to support you leading and/or participating in root cause analysis investigations for accident/ incidents involving air pollution control devices and other program areas as needed.
- Strong leadership skills to support you participating in capital project reviews including obtaining permit modifications associated with physical changes.
At BASF ECMS you get more than just compensation, Medical & Dental. Our total offer includes a wide range of elements you need to be your best in every stage of your life.
What are you waiting for? Click Apply now to BELONG@BASF!!
- Flexible Work Arrangements whenever possible
- Retirement Benefits with company contributions
- Competitive Medical and Dental Plan Options
- Disability and Life Insurance Programs
- Wellness Programs
- Maternity/Paternity Leave, Infertility & Adoption reimbursement
- Mentoring & Development Programs
- Employee Discounts
- Pet insurance
- Matching Donations to your favorite cause
BASF takes security & data privacy very seriously. We will never request financial information of any kind via email, private text message or direct message on any social medial platform or job board. Furthermore, we will never send a candidate a check for equipment or request any type of payment during the job application process. If you have experienced any of the above, please contact HR4U.US@basf-catalystsmetals.com to report fraud. BASF is committed to pay transparency practices.
The competitive Pay Range for this role is $95,000 - $135,000 annually. Actual pay will be determine based on education, certifications, experience, and other job-related factor permitted by law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status. Nearest Major Market:
Greenville Nearest Secondary Market:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.