At Weston Solutions, Inc. you will do meaningful work and make valuable contributions.
Employee-ownership at Weston is a path to professional growth and access to diverse opportunities in a highly connected community that works together across key service areas to make a difference in the environment. Weston continues to evolve and adapt to our changing world as a premier provider of environmental and infrastructure services for over sixty years. In both the public and private sectors our teams help identify, solve, mitigate, and manage critical environmental issues to help clients achieve a more sustainable future.
The Environmental Scientist will serve as a Task Manager assisting Project Managers in project scope and budget development, subcontractor procurement, project planning and task management, reporting, and closeout. As a task manager, you will apply your existing knowledge and develop new skills while working on a variety of challenging environmental and construction projects.
This position is fast paced and will include working on 30 - 40 concurrent projects, with the responsibility of managing them from start to finish. The role includes part-time participation on the client emergency response team, which requires 24/7 availability one week per month to support any client ER calls throughout the country. Availability to travel (5-10%) is a requirement with most travel being day trips, however, multiple day trips may be needed depending on the project.
This unique position offers the opportunity to grow/expand your experience in:
- hazardous building materials (asbestos, lead, mold)
- emergency response (hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, tornadoes, accidents)
- building assessment
- construction management
- subcontractor management
- planning and scheduling
- customer relationship building and management
- problem solving
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in Geoscience, Environmental Science, Construction, Industrial Hygiene or related subject areas.
- With a BA/BS degree, minimum 2 years' experience is required, or
- Past project/industry, experience (5-10 years)
- Lead, Mold, or Asbestos trainings, certifications, or licenses a plus
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work multiple simultaneous work assignments.
- Willingness to be on-call for 24/7 response a minimum of 1 week per month, as well as working during events of major regional or national significance when the entire team will be participating to support our client(s).
- Familiarity with online tools for conducting and recording work. Project management software experience a plus.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to learn and conduct assigned activities in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with and to work with individuals, large groups of peers and supervisors, subcontractors, and customer contacts. Be ready and willing to ask questions!
- Demonstrated dedication to fostering ethical conduct and professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to work well as a team member.
We fully invest in our people
- Prepare detailed scopes of work, solicit contractor bids, prepare pricing and proposal estimates, coordinate site work, provide on-site quality assurance for projects in your region, and work with contractors to ensure safe and high-quality completion of work and deliverables in a timely manner
- Collect data as prescribed by the scope of work and present it in a logical, coherent manner, including the preparation of written reports, tables, figures, and illustrations.
- Help develop schedules and budgets, and complete assigned tasks on schedule and within the budget to the satisfaction of the project management team.
- Maintain auditable and orderly files, notebooks and correspondence on all project aspects and utilize Weston's online project management system.
- Conduct all work in compliance with technical project specifications and standard operating procedures defined in the project work scope.
- Monitor the effort, timeliness, and the quality of work of subcontractors and document and report all variations.
- Report project related delays irregularities
- Participate in monthly team meetings
- Under the direction of a more senior staff, coordinate laboratory analysis appropriate to the proper identification and evaluation of samples.
- Be aware of client needs and concerns and share that feedback to your colleagues.
: Weston provides a generous, comprehensive benefits package program that offers employees high value options with solid financial protection, meeting the personal needs of its people and their families.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with base and matching employer stock contributions.
- Paid time off to include personal, holiday and parental leave.
- Life and disability plans.
- Critical illness and accident plans.
- Work/Life flexibility.
- Professional development opportunities.