Senior Group Director, Retail - Texas & Georgia page is loaded Senior Group Director, Retail - Texas & Georgia Apply locations Houston, TX time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago job requisition id JOBREQ00074747 Senior Group Director, Fashion Retail
At CHANEL, we are focused on creating an inclusive culture that nurtures personal growth, contributing to collective progress. We believe the uniqueness of each individual increases the diversity, complementarity, and effectiveness of our teams. We strongly encourage your application, as we value the perspective, experience, and potential you could bring to CHANEL About The Role:
CHANEL is looking for a Senior Group Director, Fashion Retail to join our Fashion Retail Leadership Team. As the Ultimate House of Luxury, CHANEL sets the bar in defining style and providing excellent service to our clients. In an ever-evolving landscape where the definition of "luxury" is changing, clients are demanding an increasing level of elevated service. This role requires an ability to be agile and a strong aptitude for elevating the internal and external Client mindset. The retail environment is filled with interesting challenges, and we seek a transformational leader to help continuously evolve CHANEL's retail organization.
This role interfaces with all of our boutique teams in the region and will report to the Head of Retail for the East region. Our ideal candidate will have seven years of experience, have a passion for people leadership and excellent client service and be based in Texas and Georgia markets. What Impact You Can Create at CHANEL:
You Are Energized By:
- Act as voice of your respective region, making recommendations to best support all aspects of the retail business while working with the Head of Retail to set strategic objectives and vision for boutiques in the region to drive focus on Client and commercial KPIs
- Champion a client-centric and service focused mindset across all levels of our Boutique organization
- Collaborate closely with counterparts from Watches and Fine Jewelry and Fragrance and Beaute divisions to ensure seamless and consistent client experience across all touch points
- Galvanize your Boutique leaders around our vision and ensure a clear understanding of CHANEL's priorities and strategic focuses to enable and empower them to operationalize them at the Boutique level
- Identify industry and market trends, maintaining keen awareness of industry partner and competitor movements and activities
- Encourage individual empowerment and employee development by being a hands-on visible leader fostering both a learner's mindset and a culture of continuous improvement
- Provide consistent vision on talent evaluation and performance management across all boutiques to ensure consistency with CHANEL brand values, driving leadership development and succession planning
- Champion and drive D&I initiatives in partnership with D&I leadership and HRBPs
- Instill an operational mind-set, and show visible support for operational efficiency, strengthening partnerships across all Boutique functions
- Partner with stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve process efficiency that will enhance client experience and/or profitability
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external constituents on areas such as: loss prevention, anti-diversion, employment laws, privacy laws, inventory counts, etc.
- The history and heritage of The House of CHANEL
- Building collaborative partnerships and relationships
- Fostering a meaningful client experience centered around inclusion and connection
- Being comfortable in the middle of complexity and ambiguity
- Creativity and innovation by testing, learning, and taking new risks
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a multi-boutique or store environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Located in Houston, TX or Dallas, TX with ability to frequently travel up to 60% - the position entails frequent and extensive travel, including at times, international travel
- Must be able to use MS Office applications - Word, Excel, and Power Point to a competent standard
Chanel is a private company whose values are grounded in creating the conditions for people to perform at their best and feel fulfilled and confident in their work. We offer a unique work environment where individuals are encouraged to better understand the brand, the business, and motivations, so that together we can unlock the possibilities of growth. This is reflected in:Diversity and Inclusion:
- At CHANEL, we are intentional in promoting Diversity & Inclusion. We foster respect, empathy, and dignity for all. We believe strongly that the diversity of our people across the full spectrum of human differences is essential to our organisation and the connections we have with each other and our clients.
- We offer Employee Resource Groups in the US that are voluntary, open to all, employee-led groups formed around a shared identity or lived experience, whose aim is to foster a diverse, inclusive, and equitable community aligned with the values and missions of the communities they support.
- CHANEL Community empowers our employees to channel their passions, talents and sense of purpose to contribute to and learn from our communities.
- Employees are encouraged to take time off annually to volunteer through CHANEL Community. CHANEL also matches employee donations to select charitable organizations.
- Since 2011, Fondation CHANEL's mission is for women and girls to be free to shape their own destiny. Through multi-year partnerships with financial and technical support, Fondation CHANEL is committed to improving the safety and autonomy of women and adolescent girls around the world, impacting over a million women and girls in its first 10 years.
- For more information, please navigate to the Fondation Chanel website here
Arts and Culture:
- CHANEL Mission 1.5° is our climate action plan. It is focused on transforming the business in line with the ambitions of the Paris Agreement on climate change to limit the average global mean temperature increase to 1.5 degrees Celsius above preindustrial levels.
- Employees are encouraged to contribute to our US Sustainability efforts at the corporate level and within the divisions, through organized taskforces and initiatives.
Career and Leadership Development:
- We are committed to extending our legacy of cultural engagement. Global support includes the CHANEL Culture Fund, which supports a select group of leading art culture institutions across the globe, and the CHANEL Next Prize for the next generation of creative talent. US support currently includes Annual sponsorship of the MoMA film program, Tribeca Film Festival programs and Through Her Lens, Support of the Academy Gold Fellowship for Women and Sponsorship of the BAAND Together Dance Festival at Lincoln Center.
- We have dedicated in-house teams focused on supporting the onboarding of employees, developing leadership skills via custom programs like Imagine Chanel People, Heart of Leadership and group and individual coaching, and blended online and live classes offered on our Bloom platform and by skilled trainers, such as Shape Your Career, to develop career building skills.
Benefits and Perks:
- Base salary, bonus potential and other forms of variable pay will be offered for this position
- Flexibility (flexible time and hybrid work options)
- Wellbeing resources include dedicated paid time off for wellbeing (2-week August Office Closure and Wellbeing Days in Retail) and a Wellbeing fund
- Family and care giving benefits (inclusive of parental leave, fertility support, Milk Stork, and Care.com Membership)
- Generous paid time off policies to include vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer days
- 401K, pension, and other incentives
- Robust healthcare offerings; medical, dental, vision, MDLIVE (virtual care), One Medical, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care & Dependent Care), Health Savings Account and Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Health Advocate, International Business Travel Accident & Medical, and Commuter Transit & Parking
*Chanel, Inc. benefits and perks are dependent on eligibility and subject to modification by Chanel at any time.
CHANEL is a private company whose values are grounded in creating the conditions for people to perform at their best and feel fulfilled and confident in their work. We care deeply about our employees and strive to create a safe environment that values people's humanity and uniqueness so that they are free to bring their full selves to work and to their life's calling.
Inspired by our founder, Gabrielle Chanel, who constantly pushed boundaries in her personal and professional life, there is no one way forward at CHANEL. We offer a unique work environment where you are encouraged to better understand the brand, the business, and your motivations, so that together we can unlock the possibilities of your growth.
At CHANEL, being a purposeful and human-driven employer means being intentional, meaningful, and caring in inspiring our people; fostering environments that reflect our strong values; encouraging and enabling inclusion; and investing in work and workplaces that foster collaboration and well-being. This is critical for the long-term success of our business.