WGI is currently seeking a motivated mid- to senior-level Environmental Scientist or Environmental Engineer who is interested in participating in a variety of Environmental and Remediation projects to be part of our Environmental team.
This position will be based in one of WGI's Florida offices in Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, or Miami or in Atlanta, GA and the successful candidate will be someone who enjoys a diversity of project types.
At WGI, you will find talented, passionate associates providing exceptional service in collaborative, team-driven environments, all while having fun and enjoying the work they do. We work to stay ahead of the curve by investing in the latest tools and technology. As one of the nation's top consulting firms, we consistently strive to promote efficiency, cultivate a culture our associates can proudly embrace, and empower our associates to advance their career growth at WGI, and beyond.
WGI is always looking for remarkable individuals to join our team and help us grow in our vision. If you think you are an innovative, self-motivated team player, and want to shape your community, join our WGI team today!
WGI offers a complete Benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD & STD, Life Insurance, 401k with match, PTO, Holidays, HSA with company contribution, Pet insurance, and an Employee assistance program.
Most projects will be in Florida or Georgia and the successful candidate will serve as the regional lead for these projects collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team.
- With the support of senior-level staff, lead environmental assessment, remediation, and permitting projects on a wide variety of transportation and land development projects. This will include serving as a project manager to plan and implement investigation and remediation projects, creating and managing project budgets, adhering to schedule and quality control, and ensuring client satisfaction.
- Provide technical assistance for commercial real estate acquisition and development, site investigation, contamination cleanup, water resources, waste management, permitting, and other similar types of projects. This may include supporting the design of assessment programs and remedial options for site cleanup, as well as environmental due diligence, regulatory compliance, and permitting activities and coordinating with clients and regulatory agencies to develop site assessment and remediation strategies.
- Support WGI Project Managers to effectively manage projects. Perform multiple task activities within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Perform fieldwork to support environmental assessment, remediation, and restoration projects. Fieldwork may include sampling groundwater, soil, soil vapor, and surface water.
- Assist in the management, analysis, and interpretation of environmental data using statistical and data visualization tools and prepare high-quality technical presentations, reports, letters, plans, and proposals including Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments, Site Assessment Reports, Contamination Screening Evaluation Reports, Remedial Action Plans, Soil Management and Sampling Plans, Source Removal Reports, Health & Safety Plans, and similar documents.
- Coordinate with vendors, subcontractors, and analytical laboratories and independently perform subcontractor oversight.
- May also include support for environmental assessment and regulatory permitting of natural resources such as wetlands and protected species habitat and will assist with the assessment of water quality, noise, air, contamination, native trees, and other natural and physical resources.
- Assist with business development, including business development, meeting with potential public-sector and private-sector clients, leading and negotiating contract pursuits, and contributing to WGI's growth by expanding services into new geographic areas and new markets.
- Supervise and mentor entry-level environmental professionals.
- B.S. or M.S. in geology, environmental engineering, environmental science, or related discipline.
- 5 to 15 years of relevant experience.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports.
- Highly-experienced candidate who is able to demonstrate the ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, work independently with minimal supervision, and develop and maintain professional relationships.
- PG or PE certification is a plus.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. We are unable to sponsor or take over the sponsorship of employment visa.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Most work is performed in an office setting. Field work such as sampling and drilling oversight will be required occasionally. Field conditions can be difficult due to heat, thick vegetation, steep or swampy terrain, insects, and other field conditions typical of Florida and the region.
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team, please apply today. In return, WGI provides a competitive salary and an outstanding work environment. WGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Job ID: 2023-2536
External Company URL: https://wginc.com/