We are currently seeking resumes from highly motivated and well-qualified environmental professionals to join our team in our Irvine, California office. Candidates should be energetic, self-motivated, and interested in working with a diverse group of professionals in a team atmosphere. The ideal candidate will have experience managing projects, leading interdisciplinary teams, preparing high-quality and technically accurate environmental documents, and overseeing compliance during construction.
As a Senior Environmental Planner/Scientist- PM you will serve as the Project Manager and lead CEQA/NEPA expert as well as a technical resource or permitting expert based on education and experience for projects within the transportation, rail, renewables, water, ports, and utility sectors in California or other states as needed. Primary job duties:
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements:
- Project Management and preparation of CEQA/NEPA documents, technical documents, environmental permits, and/or environmental commitments compliance oversight during construction, implementation, operations, and restoration activities.
- Preparation of project budgets, scopes of work, and schedules
- Review and negotiation of Teaming Agreements and/or Contracts
- Management of internal disciplines and subconsultants when necessary
- Conducting site visits or field investigations and preparing technical resource-specific reports or permits based on education, expertise, and experience.
- Reviewing project engineering drawings and providing environmental input when needed.
- Providing technical oversight and conducting quality control reviews of documents
- Work well independently or in team environments coordinating with internal technical disciplines as well as subconsultants and resource agency personnel.
- Mentoring junior staff
- Assist with business development and marketing efforts, including participation in oral interviews when required.
- Additional duties may include project construction environmental compliance oversight, compliance auditing, or other duties, as necessary.
Working Conditions and Environment:
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in environmental sciences, natural resources, planning, or related fields, advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience preparing CEQA/NEPA documents for transportation, railway, renewables, water, and utility sectors in California.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the capacity to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas to peers, senior staff, and clients.
- Office, field, and work-from-home environment
- Travel required when necessary, including the potential for overnight stays
- Experience with common software for industry. Experience with GIS is a plus.
This position will require general supervision and will have to use independent judgment within established guidelines. Generally, uses advanced knowledge to analyze, interpret, or make deductions from varying facts or circumstances. Will need the ability to establish rapport quickly with others working on the same project, and be able to promote a positive team environment. Working knowledge of dealing with a diverse population while using tact, diplomacy, and respect. AZTEC Culture:
- Action oriented and flexible
- Zealous supporter of clients and teammates
- Thinking toward future and personal growth
- Equitable, inclusive, and diverse
- Collaborative comradery
AZTEC offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, Paid-time-Off, and a 401(k) plan. AZTEC Overview:
AZTEC Engineering Group, Inc. (AZTEC) is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, and provides diversified technical and consulting services to clients in the United States. AZTEC is part of the TYPSA Group, an international consulting engineering firm with over 3,100 employees and more than 50 offices worldwide providing multidisciplinary consulting services in the fields of civil engineering, architecture, and environment. AZTEC has a diverse culture that focuses on providing rich opportunities for its employees.
AZTEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to affirmative action planning and encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other non-job-related characteristic. Please apply online at www.aztec.us/career.