Principal Scientist, Computational Biology, Oncology Translational Research - 2306141594W Description
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Principal Scientist, Computational Biology, Oncology Translational Research. This position can be located in Spring House, PA or remote in the United States.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Principal Scientist, Translational Research will provide data analysis and Computational Biology support for the Cell Therapy franchise in the Oncology therapeutic area. This individual will work in close collaboration with scientists in Translational Research, Discovery, Early and Late Clinical, Discovery Sciences, Data Sciences, and Quantitative Sciences to analyze, integrate, and interpret high dimensional data from a variety of platforms including bulk and single cell DNA/RNA/TCR next-generation sequencing, gene expression microarrays, flow/CyTOF, cytokines / protein expression, proteomics, and gene expression and genotyping arrays.. With a focus on cell therapies, e.g. CAR-T therapies, he/she will provide oncology data analysis and computational biology support to identify and evaluate pharmacodynamic, prognostic and predictive biomarkers, investigate mechanism of action of therapeutic interventions, characterize biological mechanisms associated with safety and tolerability, characterize disease mechanisms and identify primary and acquired resistance mechanisms in early and late clinical development. He/she will also collaborate with Data Sciences, Quantitative Sciences and R&D IT to address the Oncology TA needs.
The Principal Scientist, Translational Research will perform real-time bioinformatics and statistical analysis, visualization, and data interpretation for Oncology Disease Area Strongholds (DAS) with an emphasis on cell therapy. He/she will integrate data from external (e.g. NCBI Entrez, NCBI GEO, TCGA/ICGC/GTEx, dbGaP/EGA, COSMIC, UCSC Genome Browser, Ingenuity) and internal sources, including clinical biomarker data. He/she may also evaluate and develop novel algorithms and approaches for data analysis.
The individual will contribute to the design of scientific experiments and translational strategy. He/she will communicate results to bench scientists, clinicians, and management in an appropriate biological context. He/she will participate in Disease Area Stronghold meetings and proactively support related Bioinformatics and Computational Biology projects. The candidate will maintain compliance with all internal requirements for data integrity and reproducible research, actively interface with the internal and external scientific and technical community, and participate in technology evaluations and software/database usage training. They will consistently demonstrate knowledge seeking and sharing behaviors in the performance of daily work and will be passionate, pro-active, goal oriented, and organized. Qualifications
- A Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biostatistics or related field with at least 3 years industry experience working on bioinformatics projects or the equivalent experience is required. Prior work experience in a computational biology, bioinformatics or related setting is required. Oncology/Immuno-oncology experience is required. Pharmaceutical development experience with an emphasis on clinical biomarker analysis is preferred.
- Experience in one or more of the following is required: high dimensional data integration and analysis, gene expression analysis, next generation sequencing analysis, survival analysis, and/or biological network inference.
- Statistical analysis experience with working knowledge of regression analysis, multivariate data analysis, and linear/nonlinear mixed effects modeling is preferred. Proficiency with classification and machine learning methods is preferred.
- Strong R programming skills including experience with Bioconductor are required as well as working experience in Unix/Linux environment. Cloud-based analysis experience preferred. Scripting language experience (e.g. bash, Perl or Python) is required. Other high level programming (Java, C , etc.) and database (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle) experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated record of scientific accomplishments, including publishing work in journals and oral presentations is required.
The base pay range for this position is $131K to $225K. For the San Francisco Bay Area, the anticipated base pay range for this position is $150K to $259K.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation's performance over a calendar/performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company's discretion on an individual basis
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below.
Information on benefits can be viewed by following this link: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Primary Location
NA-US-Pennsylvania-Spring House Other Locations
NA-United States Organization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084) Job Function
R&D Req ID: