is seeking a self-starting, dynamic Consultant, Environmental Scientist
to join our Impact Assessment team in our Houston, Texas or New Orleans, Louisianaoffice. As part of our Impact Assessment Team, you will provide high-quality analytical support to ERM clients in a junior Project Management/Technical Specialist role while working closely with other team members. Assignments will include a combination of office work (report writing) and domestic travel to conduct fieldwork (e.g., site visits, biological field surveys). Travel may be up to 30% of the time. This is an excellent opportunity for a junior professional looking to advance their career with a global sustainability leader. RESPONSIBILITIES:
With appropriate guidance and supervision, provide creative and fit-for-purpose technical analyses in your own field of specialization and support additional analyses for other areas of specialization working collaboratively with Subject Mater Experts (SMEs) in other fields and with other technical backgrounds.
- Provide technical consulting skills to support the growth of ERM's service offerings for energy sector clients in the Pacific Northwest.
- Conduct desktop research on environmental constraints and permitting processes.
- Interact directly with clients and their SMEs on matters related to biology and environmental science.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Complete work assignments in accordance with ERM's management system, format, and quality standards.
Who We Are:
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree in environmental science/engineering, biology/ecology, planning, or natural science discipline.
- 2-3 years of experience.
- Proficiency in conducting field surveys such as wetland delineations and/or habitat assessments and/or threatened and endangered species surveys.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health & Safety protocols.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated attributes to become a strong consultant - team player, eagerness to learn and grow, self-starter who takes initiative, versatile, and client service-oriented mentality.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Local candidates preferred.
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!