The Building People, LLC, has a position open for a full-time Environmental Protection Specialist, with an active Top Secret Clearance. The Environmental Protection will assist the Environmental Protection Lead with the establishment and maintenance of environmental compliance program via inspections, staff assistance visits, consulting with agency organizations, and comprehensive understanding of agency processes. Recommends changes for improvements to eliminate waste generated and minimize utilization of chemical materials. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Performs support functions on one or more environmental programs managed by FBI-EPS. Is responsible for supporting the FBI mission through planning, directing, coordinating, monitoring, evaluating and providing technical guidance for one or more of the FBI's environmental protection programs. Provides environmental regulatory compliance guidance for assigned environmental program(s). Duties normally involve inspecting facilities for noncompliance issues in the areas of Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Title V (air), and National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) (water) permit requirements. Provides environmental compliance guidance. Assists with collection of NPDES Storm Water, RCRA, lead and asbestos or other samples as required.
- Performs inspections on a routine basis. Assists in both internal and external inspections such as ISO 14001, Environmental Performance Assessment System (EPAS) inspections, and prepares for external agency inspections by state and Federal agencies such as the Alabama Department of Environmental Management (ADEM) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) inspections as needed. Is expected to assist in the correction of inspection findings under the direction of the FBI EPS. Reviews findings and proposes actions to resolve deficiencies. Interprets and evaluates data, and recommends projects or operational changes to effect resolutions which are in compliance with Federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and the agency mission. Studies and technical guidance are related to assigned environmental program(s). Provides environmental technical support. Input data and create profiles for hazardous materials/waste system.
- Drafts environmental management policies and provides support for assigned program(s), including matters concerning environmental compliance, protection of natural resources, and environmental issues impacting public safety and welfare. Assists with hazardous materials and hazardous waste management.
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- Minimum 3 years' experience in environmental compliance.
- Degree in Environmental studies, environmental science, environmental management, or similar