Description Principal Environmental Planner & Project Manager - Renewable Energy Work Location Preferences : Fort Collins, Colorado or Denver, Colorado or Remote within the state of Colorado Austin, Texas or Remote within the state of Texas
We are the Environment & Planning (E&P) Division of ICF. We are passionate about doing what's right for our clients, our people, the communities where we live and work, and the environment. We are planners, scientists, program managers, communicators, economists, technologists, and strategists. We are collaborative, curious, and committed to excellence-these are qualities we value that make us who we are and inspire us to grow. If you perform well in a fast-paced, engaging and collaborative environment, and would like to work with a diverse team of industry professionals, we encourage you to learn more about ICF (www.icf.com) and consider applying to join our team.
ICF is seeking an experienced Principal Environmental Planner with consulting experience
to play a key role in our growing energy business in Mountain West
(Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Wyoming, and Texas). The ideal candidate will have experience with power generation, electrical transmission, and renewable energy projects
along with technical expertise leading environmental permitting, state entitlement process, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and associated regulations
We lead the environmental compliance efforts for our clients which tend to be complex and often controversial projects nationwide, including energy, transportation, and other infrastructure projects and regulatory programs. Our team works on the most current and important projects to address climate change including offshore and onshore wind energy development; other renewables projects; and management of land use, water, recreation, and other resources
. In this position you will be a senior leader tasked with the following:
What You Will Do
- Management of federal, state, and local permitting and compliance for renewable energy, transmission and other projects.
- Serve as a primary point of contact with local, state, and federal government clients, as well as private sector clients such as renewable energy developers, and commercial/residential/industrial developers, and engineering companies.
- Coordinating the effort of multidisciplinary teams tasked with conducting research, preparing technical documents/deliverables, and interfacing with external clients.
What You Need to Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- Serve as a project director or project manager on large complex projects
- Interface directly with key clients and help build and maintain great relationships.
- Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare proposals, and develop new business with new and existing clients.
- Develop and expand client relationships.
- Lead project teams to meet client schedule, quality, and budget expectations.
- Lead, manage, inspire, and mentor staff.
What we would like you to have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Science, Natural Science, Policy, Economics, Environmental Science or related disciplines
- 12+ years of experience with national/state/local-level environmental reviews, facility siting and permitting
- Masters Degree in Environmental Studies
- Experience with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and associated regulations
- Experience obtaining environmental permits, reviewing technical studies such as those addressing biological resources, cultural resources, air quality, noise, traffic, and hydrology
- Proven track record in developing and implementing successful business growth strategies with power generation or renewable energy clients
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces and hires dimensions of differences.
#LI-CC1 Working at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we're not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy (https://www.icf.com/legal/equal-employment-opportunity) .
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf) and Pay Transparency Statement . Pay Range
- There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$103,035.00 - $175,160.00
Colorado Remote Office (CO99)