World Aquaculture Society Employment Service - Job - World Aquaculture Society Employment Service Aquaculture Production Manager Mission Bay, San Diego, CA Full Time $50k-65k/yr + benes Job Details
The Aquaculture Production Manager will have abroad range of responsibilities related to the culture of fish, seaweeds, andinvertebrates across all aspects of operations of our research hatchery,including a small team of personnel, plant and animal husbandry, supplyinventory, system maintenance, etc.Primary Duties:
· Help manage all aspects of plant andanimal production, including but not limited to: broodstock holding andspawning; production and feeding of live feeds (e.g. rotifers, Artemia , microalgae); larval production;general husbandry including cleaning, feeding, and application of treatments;quantification of growth and survival.
· Manage hatchery employees including:hiring, training, scheduling, supervising, and evaluating.
· Maintain a current inventory oflaboratory and hatchery supplies and ensure that feed and feed supplies arestocked in a manner that promotes maximum freshness and quality.
· Help to ensure that all safety andbiosecurity measures are being complied with and help in the development of newand improved procedures as appropriate.
· Help to ensure that all systems areproperly maintained and monitored.
· Maintain accurate records and update protocolsregularly; assist with all facility reporting requirements as needed.
Actas a primary respondent in the 24hr life-support monitoring program (livewithin 30 minutes' response time of the laboratory)
RequirementsQualifications/Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
· College degree in biology preferred
· Demonstrated experience andproficiency in marine aquaculture
· Experience managing others
· Responsible, hardworking individualwith the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Vision to read printed materials and acomputer screen; hearing and speech to communicate effectively in person andover the telephone
· Outstanding written and verbalcommunication skills, including the use of standard word processing andspreadsheet software programs
- Must beable to regularly work weekends and potentially odd hours and holidays.
· Possess a current driver's license andinsurability to drive HSWRI vehicles
· Physicalability to team lift and carry up to 50lbswith accommodation
· Support a diverse, equitable, andinclusive work environment where all staff, volunteers and guests are respectedand valued.
· Employment is contingent on successfulengagement in the HSWRI COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated withdocumented proof or approved exception/deferral).
· Must be authorized to work in theUnited States.
Contact InformationHubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute
Human Resources Coordinator
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post Date: 9/18/2023 2:53:05 PM
Closing Date: 10/31/2023 12:00:00 AM
Share this job About this company
Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute (HSWRI) is a non-profit scientific research organization committed to conserving and renewing marine life to ensure a healthier planet. Our team of experts provides innovative and objective scientific solutions to challenges threatening ocean health and marine life in our rapidly changing world.
#J-18808-Ljbffr #J-18808-Ljbffr #J-18808-Ljbffr