We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced scientific leader for our Systems Biology and Modeling group within R&D at Tempus. This leader will guide our research and development efforts across systems biology teams to ultimately deliver state-of-the-art products for life sciences/biopharma companies and oncology providers.
The products developed in this group include patient-derived organoid models, which can be utilized for oncology drug discovery and development efforts including target identification and validation, biomarker discovery, and identifying a drug's mechanism of action (MOA) or preclinical proof-of-concept (POC).
The Systems Biology group encompasses several teams, including modeling wet-lab and dry-lab teams. The scientific leader for Systems Biology will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies for patient-derived organoid models, managing a team of ~30 researchers, and overseeing all aspects of modeling and functional genomics research and development projects.
This leader should have strong technical skills and expertise, but be able to drive short and long-term deeper thinking and strategy. They should be strong communicators, able to lead teams and work with external groups such as biopharma leaders and oncology providers. Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement scientific strategies and work plans for our systems biology and modeling teams, including identifying new methodologies and approaches for patient-derived organoids, validating and implementing organoid and functional genomic models, and managing and overseeing the teams to execute and deliver on the vision for the group.
- Manage a team of wet and dry-lab researchers and provide leadership, direction, and support to ensure that all R&D activities are conducted efficiently and effectively.
- Build and lead a team of talented scientists and research associates
- Work closely with other cross-functional teams across the R&D and broader Tempus organization (product engineering, operations, clinical genomics labs, medical, science, data science, etc) to integrate work plans and approaches
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment, promoting creativity, innovation, and scientific excellence.