Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.We are seeking a full-time, Senior Environmental Chemist for our Chicago, IL operations
to support a variety of environmental projects related to federal, state, municipal, and commercial clients. The selected candidate will be responsible for data validation and data quality assessment support, laboratory procurement/management, and preparation of technical reports. The candidate will work collaboratively with the supervision of project and program managers. Prior experience with laboratory analysis is preferred. The candidate will prepare various technical deliverables including data validation reports, letters, proposals, cost estimates, tables, and figures. Experience with data validation and working on dioxin projects is preferred.Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of analytical laboratory and/or professional environmental consulting experience, including analytical laboratory preparation and analysis, data validation and data quality assessment, site characterization, and procurement of analytical laboratory services. Specific experience and skills required include:
- Preparing technical reports and memos. Must be a competent technical writer.
- Familiarity with, and understanding of, the various compendiums of laboratory analytical methods, including SW-846, EPA toxic organic methods in ambient air, and the Contract Laboratory Program (CLP) Statements of Work.
- Conducting multiple levels of data validation, up to and including detailed reviews of full laboratory data packages (equivalent to Stage 4 reviews of Level 4 data packages).
- Application of the EPA CLP National Functional Guidelines for organic, inorganic, and high-resolution data review is required. Broad experience validating analytical data for both inorganic parameters (metals and wet chemical methods) and organic parameters (volatile and semivolatile organic compounds, pesticides, herbicides, polychlorinated biphenyl compounds, and dioxins/furans).
- Ability to interface with clients, subcontractors, working groups, and internal customers.
- Communicate effectively and make evaluated decisions for the betterment of the client and the company.
Preferred additional experience and skills include:
- Conducting data quality assessments and writing data quality assessment reports, summarizing the reconciliation of a project's data quality with the stated data quality objectives (DQO).
- Previous field experience, including conducting sampling of environmental media; maintenance, calibration, and practical experience with air and other environmental monitoring equipment; and working independently on field projects
- Reviewing and managing environmental data and databases using software such as Microsoft Access or R.
- Cost estimating and obtaining bids from vendors and subcontractors.
- Preparing proposals and managing projects.
- Previous field experience, including conducting sampling of environmental media; maintenance, calibration, and practical experience with environmental monitoring equipment; and working independently on field projects.
In addition, this position requires the following:
Degree / Certifications
- You must be able drive on a regular basis. Passing a motor vehicle record background check and maintaining a valid driver's license and good driving record is required.
- Passing a background check is required.
- BS/BA degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a closely related scientific discipline is required.
- Advanced degrees are preferred.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER Training is preferred.
- Primary work environment is office, with remote hybrid work flexibility available.
- The position may require occasional travel to client sites and other locations to conduct meetings, site visits, etc.
At Tetra Tech, we understand the importance of providing you with the resources and opportunities you need to be a successful member of our organization. One of the most important and valuable resources is your employee benefits package. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive package of benefit plans designed to offer you both choice and flexibility to secure the coverage that best meets your needs.
Health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including any public health orders and regulations that are mandated by local, state, provincial, federal, and international authorities as well as client and project requirements.About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 470 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees-22,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Facebook: @TetraTechCareersTetra Tech
is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.Please no phone calls or agencies.