Subsidiary: KIRA Training ServicesJob Title: Senior Environmental Planner Job Location: USAF, AcademyLabor Category: Exempt Clearance Requirement: N/ATravel Requirement: N/APay: $75,000-85,000
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide. Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide management and oversight of the USAFA National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) program. Processing requirements for National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) for managing relationships that exist within and between natural systems and human systems. Responsibilities:
- Will assist in the preparation and organization of Air Force's Environmental Impact Analysis Process (EIAP) documents such as, Environmental Assessments, Findings of No Significant Impact, Findings of No Practicable Alternatives, Environmental Impacts Statements (EIS), Record of Decisions (ROD)and Categorical Exclusions determinations based on 32CFR989 and 40CFR1500.
- Analyzing environmental issues to facilitate critical decision-making encompassing land use, socioeconomics, transportation, air quality, natural resources, water resources, cultural resources, and noise.
- Duties could include assisting in preparing and briefing leadership at different levels, coordinate with all base agencies for NEPA related issues, and update databases for NEPA requirements.
- Preparation and organization of Air Force's Environmental Baseline Surveys in accordance with AFI32-7020 ASTM1527 and D6008. Duties could include site reconnaissance, historical research, and preparing maps using AFGIMS.
- Broad background in environmental science and management with knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental laws and regulations. Specialized experience with environmental baseline surveys, environmental impact statements and environmental assessments. Knowledge of Air Force regulations regarding environmental guidelines preferred.
- Experience with services required in EMS, EESOH, public education, training, permits, sampling, analysis, monitoring, ERP (restoration), environmental compliance, environmental conservation, and ESOH Council, preferred.
- Performs all assigned duties in accordance with established policies, procedures, and directives. Displays courtesy and skill in dealing with internal and external customers, coworkers, and management. Must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Accurately maintains and updates records to enable quick and efficient retrieval of information.
- Follows up on suspense items to ensure timely completion. Consistently produces quality products and service. Ability to work independently while maintaining quality performance. Complete all training within required timeline. Resolves problems promptly with minimal adverse impact on functional operation.
Perform all work in a safe and secure manner. Demonstrates dependability in all aspects of work. Must be able to carry out oral and written instructions in an acceptable manner. Must follow prescribed standards of dress, hygiene, and conduct while representing the company. Resolves problems promptly with minimal adverse impact on functional operation.
- SECONDARY DUTY: Assist in the Air Installation Compatibility Use Zone (AICUZ) study updates. When needed, provide assistance during Tribal consultations. Additional duties in direct support of departmental mission requirements, such as Taskers from other Air Force departments. Records management for Environmental Planner. Additional duties as required in direct support of departmental mission requirements.
:BS/BA degree in environmental science, engineering, environmental management, chemistry, or biology from an accredited university. Benefits
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation. THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.