DIVE IN TO A NEW CAREER WITH A LESLIE'S COMPANY:In September 2022, Stellar Manufacturing was acquired by Leslie's an affiliate. Stellar Manufacturing Company is
a contract manufacturer of solid particle products and specializes in chemical processing services such as compaction granulation, briquetting, blending, and tableting. We support the manufacturing of a variety of consumer and industrial products including water treatment chemicals, agrochemicals, detergents, raw materials, and more.
With over 60 years of providing best-in-class products and solutions to our customers, there is nothing that we value more than the development and growth of our team. Both Leslie's and Stellar strive to create a positive and fun atmosphere where our Team Members feel valued and are enthusiastic about the contributions they make to the success of Stellar Job Overview
The Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
will provide industrial hygiene, occupational, safety, and environmental leadership for initiatives to prevent occupational injuries and illnesses. To ensure compliance with environmental, occupational, and safety regulatory requirements and drive continuous improvement in operations. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish a safety culture that is aligned with Stellar Manufacturing's EH&S Goals.
- Design and implement all safety monitoring programs to safeguard employees from injuries and ensure compliance with regulatory EH&S standards.
- Proactively collaborate with contracted occupation health care providers to manage workplace injuries or illnesses.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate and explain the importance of following safety, health, and regulatory protocols and procedures.
- Conduct safety inspections, safety meetings, audits, drills, and training, and ensure the organization is well prepared for emergency response.
- Evaluate new processes for hazards, establish recommendations for safety performance improvement, and ensure an ongoing robust program exists for identifying and addressing existing hazards
- Participate in the Quality Management System (QMS) by documenting processes and drafting Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Serve as an influential member of the Management Review Team (MRT) to improve the customer experience.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Company liaison with all federal, state and local regulatory agencies
- Ensure compliance with and maintains documentation of all regulatory reporting and filing responsibilities (EPA, IEPA, Tier 2, ROSS, SWPPP, NFPA, etc.)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- BS in Safety Management, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or other equivalent science-relate degree
- 5 - 8 + years of EH&S related experience, preferably in the chemical/specialty chemical industry
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Teams, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with document control systems
- Experience implementing systems and processes within an organization.
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to engage with employees at all levels in the organization.
- Knowledge and exposure to industrial hygiene, PSM, RMP, PHAs, Emergency Response, OSHA, DOT, RCRA, SWPPP, SPCC, NFPA, ANSI and ISO (14001, 45001) programs are advantageous.
- Occasional standing, lifting, climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, crawl, and walking.
- Frequent sitting and working with a personal computer.
- Employee must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Employee may be exposed to various chemicals and weather elements.
- Employee must be able to wear a respirator and/or other personal protective equipment (PPE) when necessary to reduce exposure
- Employee must be able to work in hot and cold environments.