At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:' https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story'
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is seeking a highly motivated Environmental Planner 2 to work as a member of our environmental sciences and planning section supporting Arizona and New Mexico. This position is responsible for providing technical expertise across all business groups.
In the role of Environmental Planner 2, we'll count on you to:
- Work as a member of our environmental sciences and planning section
- Provide technical expertise at project level and assist with growing HDR's environmental program
- Take responsibility for NEPA task management and staff management related to project tasks, as well as some
marketing, business development and client management
- Establish sequencing of environmental tasks/projects, from financial management of projects through successful
completion, using our technology, standards and project delivery practice
- Plan and direct medium -sized environmental tasks/projects for our core business groups, including transportation, water/
wastewater, resources, federal facilities, and other programs as identified
- Prepare, plan and analyze/review technical studies, NEPA documents and similar reports/document
- Accomplish work independently and through coordinating or supervising small to large technical and professional team
from local and regional office
- Support regional and national projects in specific areas of technical expertise and be closely involved in public
participation and multiple agency coordination
- Take responsibility for project management, including development and management of project budgets, schedules, and
quality of product
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science or closely related field
- 5+ years environmental experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of NEPA proce
- Experience developing categorical exclusions and environmental assessment
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Strong conceptual, organizational, problem-solving and research abilitie
- Self-starter with excellent writing and communication skills.
- Technical specialization is preferred. For example: biology, HAZMAT, etc.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is must
- Demonstrated knowledge of the environmental processes and requirements in Arizona and/or New Mexico is strongly