Environmental Health & Safety SpecialistHaley & Aldrich
is a 900+ personal national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of our culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.
Our Health & Safety Group at Haley & Aldrich is currently seeking an Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team of EHS professionals across the country who demonstrate that safety is one of Haley & Aldrich's core values. This is a full-time
position based out of our Seattle, WA
The successful candidate will:
- Continue to develop H&A's maturing safety culture by interacting with all levels of staff and our business partners in offices and on project sites to promote our core value of "Safety in everything we do".
- Provide health and safety support for day-to-day Business Unit operations.
- Perform risk assessments and project planning to ensure H&S is incorporated at an early stage in the project cycle, including developing, reviewing, monitoring, and improving Site-Specific Health and Safety Plans (HASP), Job Safety Analyses (JSA), and/or other task specific safety documents.
- Ability to support tracking and reporting of health, safety, and environmental client specific safety metrics.
- Work with project teams to ensure they have the health & safety tools, training, and knowledge necessary to perform their day-to-day job functions.
- Support Field Safety Managers with tasks throughout the West Business Unit.
- Support field projects by performing environmental field investigations, industrial hygiene for worker exposure, and community perimeter air monitoring activities.
- Conduct site audits and track corrective actions to closure.
- Deliver H&S trainings (monthly, on-boarding, client specific).
- Implement subcontractor health and safety prequalification program with continued monitoring of subcontractor compliance.
- Ensure completion of client prequalification requests, and audit subcontractors' H&S programs.
- Manage business group health and safety reporting of all incidents, injuries, and near misses. Review the H&S systems to identify reports which require follow up, communicate concerns to the appropriate parties, and assist in investigations and Root Cause Analyses.
About Haley & Aldrich
- Minimum Bachelor's degree from an accredited university. Health, Safety, and/or Environmental related discipline.
- Minimum 1-4 years health and safety program experience preferred.
- Environmental investigation and remediation experience and familiarity with OSHA and HAZWOPER regulations preferred.
- Strong commitment to compliance with company and client Health & Safety protocols.
- Completed training and certifications for HAZWOPER, DOT HAZMAT, RCRA, OSHA 30-hour construction or OSHA 510, confined space entry training, and fall protection/prevention training preferred, or the ability to obtain.
- Appropriate written and verbal communication skills. A writing sample may be requested.
- Appropriate computer skills for development of reports and observation tracking in EHS management systems. A proficiency test may be requested.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Ability to travel to project sites and field assignments throughout the Pacific Northwest region. Travel outside of Seattle may be needed with a commitment ranging from 25-50%.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and closely track and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work in a team/collaborative environment.
- Ability to problem solve and work independently in a changing and multi-tasking environment.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, flexibility, and willingness to see projects through to completion.
Haley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 900 engineers, scientists, and constructors in more than 35 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have had one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. Visit haleyaldrich.com.
Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package and you can find a detailed list of all our benefits here. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.
Note to External Search Firms: Haley & Aldrich does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Haley & Aldrich Talent Acquisition engages with search firms through CrowdStaffing directly for hiring needs.
The salary range for this position in Seattle, WA is $59,000 - $64,000 annually. Actual compensation will be based upon a variety of factors such as education, related work experience, certificates, skills, and current market conditions. Haley & Aldrich reviews salary ranges each quarter to ensure we are competitive in the current market. This role is eligible to participate in the company's discretionary performance-based bonus program. This role is eligible to receive a sign-on bonus.