POSITION SUMMARYTitle - Environmental Scientist I
Reports to - Project Manager
Location - LaCrosse, Wisconsin with travel based on client needs
Pay Range and Basis of Pay - Hourly paid weekly (non-exempt); $24.00 to $27.50 per hour
The estimated base pay range for this position may vary depending on location, qualifications, and experience.
HOW THIS POSITION SUPPORTS BAY WEST CLIENTS
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
- Accurately and efficiently conduct environmental sampling (air, water, soil, sediment) in accordance with the supplied work plan and standard operating procedures
- Conduct field work as requested, to include out-of-town travel for up to three weeks at a time, multiple times a year
- Prepare accurate field notes, paperwork, sketches, and other forms and/or documents as requested
- Read and understand standard operating procedures and obtain training on specific field tasks
- Assist with Industrial Services and Emergency Response activities, including participation in an on-call rotation approximately once every eight weeks
- Utilize and maintain field equipment
- Provide oversight of subcontractors and communicate effectively with project managers
- Bachelor degree in a science-related field
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification preferred
- Basic computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience supporting multiple projects on a deadline while providing excellent client service
- Ability to travel to client and/or job sites to perform requested sampling
- Valid driver's license with clear driving record
- Access to reliable means of transportation on a 24-hour basis
BENEFITS AT BAY WEST
- Previous experience with an environmental consulting firm
(External job postings only)
Bay West offers a comprehensive benefits package available to eligible employees, including but not limited to paid time off, health insurance options, ancillary benefits to support life at all stages, 401(k), employee assistance programs, and subsidies for professional development.
Bay West is an environmental and industrial services provider for site investigations, groundwater and soil remediation, munitions cleanup, hazardous waste management, industrial cleaning, and emergency spill response.
Bay West is an Equal Opportunity Employer.