Job Title: Bioinformatics Engineer, Systems Biology
Duties: Serve as an integral component of a team supporting NIH (National Institutes of Health) and non-profit foundation funded research on the molecular basis for neuropsychiatric disorders, early childhood brain development, and early childhood inflammatory bowel disease. Responsible for the curation and distribution to the research community of large biomedical datasets, conferring with research stakeholders to identify data needs and programming requirements, and developing tools for and assisting with database-related research activities for neuropsychiatric disorders, early childhood brain development, and early childhood inflammatory bowel disease. Streamline and implement new processes for data curation using scripting and statistical programming, utilizing data mining and machine learning algorithms to extract information from various data sources, developing and maintaining applications to query, manipulate, and validate bioinformatics data and tools for database maintenance, updates, and error-checking. Implement test-driven development techniques in streamlining and automating data extraction, outlier detection and correction, validation, exploratory analysis, and visualization pipelines requires expertise in programming languages such as Python, R, and MySQL. Document and publish data reports, data release notes, database changes, modifications, and user manuals. Develop and document metadata standards for sharing datasets using industry standards. The position may include additional duties that utilize the required skills. The position can be conducted remotely 100% of time.
Requirements: Master of Science degree in Bioinformatics, Statistics, Education (Measurement and Statistics), or related field, and at least two years of experience as Bioinformatics Technician, Data Analyst, Data Analyst Intern, Statistician, or a related position, including experience in:
● Implement test-driven infrastructure development techniques and develop codebases to streamline and automate data extraction, outlier detection and correction, validation, exploratory analysis, and visualization using Python, R, and MySQL.
● Contribute to the development of pipelines and applications and the integrations of third-party services that expedite tracking, scalability, reproducibility, or processing of data and computational analyses using cloud infrastructure.
● Facilitate the storage, management, and processing of data via cloud, workflow, and containerization technologies in support of large scientific collaborative initiatives and data management projects.
● Retrieve and transform data from multiple sources and incorporate biomedical data between different coding systems for aggregation and disaggregation.
● Manipulate large amounts of data and translate data integrity, trend, pattern, and disparity insights with internal and external stakeholders via static and interactive visualization tools and dashboards with R, Python, and Tableau.
Hours & Location: 40 hrs/wk, Sage Bionetworks, 2901 3rd Ave., Suite 330, Seattle, WA 98121
Rate of Pay & Benefits: $93,500 ~ $103,500/Year, Benefits include Medical+dental+vision (employee+family ) + life + Accidental Death & Dismemberment + Long Term Disability insurance (employee). Option to enroll in 403b. Paid time off for vacation, personal, sick, holiday, & 1st week of Aug/yr. Optional Transportation Benefits available. Optional wellness benefit of $50/month. $250 for home office equipment for Work From Home employee. Optional Transportation Benefits available.
Reply to: Erin Gerhard, Sage Bionetworks, 2901 3rd Avenue, #330, Seattle, WA 98121 (email@example.com)