At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:' https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story'
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is seeking a highly motivated Senior Environmental NEPA Planner to work as a member of our environmental sciences and planning section supporting Arizona and New Mexico. This position is responsible for providing technical expertise across all business groups. Primary Responsibilities
Primary duties of the Senior Environmental NEPA Planner are to assist with the management of a variety of sizes of environmental projects. This will include:
- providing technical NEPA guidance;
- preparation of NEPA documents, preparation, planning, managing, and/or analysis/review of technical studies;
- other writing assignments as necessary;
- assistance with public outreach activities; and
- oversight of all aspects of environmental projects including scope, schedule and budget.
The successful candidate must demonstrate a strong understanding of the NEPA process environmental procedures, and expectations. The candidate will participate in environmental and planning tasks/projects for HDR's core business groups including transportation, water/wastewater, resources, federal facilities, and other programs as identified. This will include the preparation, planning, and analysis/review of technical studies, NEPA documents, and similar reports/documents. Work will be accomplished independently and through coordinating or supervising small to large technical and professional teams from local and regional offices. This position often supports regional and national projects in specific areas of technical expertise and is closely involved in public participation and multiple agency coordination. The position will be responsible for operating successfully as part of an interdisciplinary team and coordinating with team members.
The individual will take responsibility for project management and staff management, as well as marketing, business development and client management along with the duties below:
Establish sequencing of environmental tasks/projects, from financial management through successful completion of the project, utilizing our technology, standards and project delivery practice
- Plan, direct and monitor all aspects of large multidisciplinary projects or medium-sized projects with a high degree of technical complexity
- Produce and coordinate several projects concurrently
- Establish client relations and be involved with marketing
- Coordinate workload with project team throughout entire project development to complete documents on schedule and budget
- Work with the accounting and managing principal for project reviews
- Execute training for personnel as established by strategic plans and supervisor
- Supervise large project staffs and act as mentor for less-experienced project managers and environmental planners
- Perform other duties as needed #LI-JF1
Keywords: Senior NEPA Environmental Planner, NEPA Qualifications Required Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in environmental planning, environmental science or related fields of study.
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in NEPA compliance
- Demonstrated knowledge of NEPA.
- Demonstrated leadership, collaboration, and staff management skills.
- Self-starter with excellent writing and communication skills.
- Strong conceptual, organizational, problem solving and research skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant in HDR's employee-owned culture is a must.
- Masters in environmental planning, environmental science or related fields of study
- PMP, REM, or CEP
- Demonstrated knowledge of the environmental processes and requirements in Arizona and/or New Mexico is strongly preferred.
- Local candidates are strongly preferred.