Professional Geologist-Pittsburgh, PA
APTIM Environmental & Infrastructure, Inc. is currently seeking a Professional Geologist with experience in environmental site characterization and remediation for a full-time position in our Pittsburgh, PA office. Primary responsibilities will include the development of proposals, preparation of work plans, completion of final reports, and recommendation and implementation of remedial action activities. Other tasks may include but are not limited to the design and installation of groundwater monitoring and extraction well networks, procurement of subcontractors, and mentoring and development of junior level scientists. The successful candidate will possess the ability to communicate clearly and confidently, both written and verbally, to all project team members including client representatives, state and federal regulators, and APTIM colleagues alike. Strong interpersonal skills with a team-oriented demeanor are a must. Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Possess the experience to accurately scope, budget, and schedule project tasks.
- Solid familiarity with state and federal regulations applicable to environmental investigations.
- Design and implement site characterization activities.
- Evaluate field data to determine appropriate remedial action alternatives.
- Proficient in planning, conducting, and analyzing aquifer tests.
- Communicate field results and recommended appropriate course of action to client representatives and regulatory personnel.
- Ensures conformance to applicable technical standards as well as company policies and procedures.
- Serve as a mentor to entry level and junior staff; work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Possess a "Safety First" work ethic.
- Bachelor's degree in Geology/Environmental Science required.
- 5-15 years of experience in the environmental field.
- Possess active registration as a Professional Geologist, preferably in Pennsylvania.
- Intermediate experience with groundwater modeling a plus.
- Possess 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training with current 8-hour refresher certificate.
- Ability to wear proper PPE for work on hazardous waste sites; lifting and physical work will be required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Core competency in Microsoft Office Products, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
#LI-Onsite Who we are and what we do:
APTIM is a global industry leader headquartered in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. With more than 4,000 employees worldwide, APTIM specializes in critical infrastructure, technical and data solutions, program management, environmental services, resilience, as well as sustainability and energy solutions. Our dedicated people have the proven experience and expertise to provide integrated services and solutions to government agencies, commercial, industrial, and energy customers. APTIM is committed to accelerating the transition toward a clean and efficient energy economy, building a sustainable future for our communities and the natural world, and creating an inclusive equitable environment that celebrates the diversity of our people.
Watch our video:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may make their request known by e-mailing HRQuestions@cbifederalservices.com or calling 855.343.5600 for assistance.