Req ID 13966 Environmental Scientist Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We're looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future! Our Business
We are a global leader in environmental consulting - made stronger with the recent acquisition of Wood's Environment & Infrastructure business and Golder - with world-class expertise in environmental, social and governance (ESG), climate resiliency & sustainability (CRS), and earth sciences. Combined we have over 20,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from across the globe. This Opportunity
WSP is currently initiating a search for an Environmental Scientist for our Portland, Maine office. Be involved in projects with our Earth & Environment Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges. Your Impact
Who You Are Required Qualifications
- Oversee soil borings and groundwater monitoring well installations, collect soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, air, and soil gas samples, collect data in complex field situations with supervision, and document field activities
- Perform other field exploration, inspection, testing, and analyses using equipment and instrumentation
- Prepare components of site investigation reports including work plans, data summaries, calculations, tables, figures, charts, drawings and report text
- Collect samples and data during remedies and pilot studies from soil and groundwater remediation systems
- Assist Project Managers and project teams, ensuring effective client communication and relations
- Organize field work, assign tasks, and work with other staff specialists and technicians to complete assignments
- Follow company safety policies and procedures, site safety standards, and permit requirements
- BS or BA in Geology, Environmental Science or Engineering, or related technical field
- 1 to 3 years of environmental consulting experience
- Strong writing skills
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Must have personal transportation
- Physical Demands: Ability to remain on feet for extended periods of time either stationary or walking
- Field activities may require working in unfavorable weather conditions, including heat and cold
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to pass a HAZWOPER physical/ Fit for Duty Exam
- Must successfully complete and pass WSP's Motor Vehicle screening
#LI-SS2 Additional Requirements
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: 60%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: PORTLAND - CONGRESS ST
- All locations: US-ME-Portland
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 15,000 employees in over 300 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a flexible and agile workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States. NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or other staffing services. Unsolicited resumes include any resume or hiring document sent to WSP in the absence of a signed Service Agreement where WSP has expressly requested recruitment/staffing services specific to the position at hand. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers or other business leaders, will become the property of WSP and WSP will have the right to hire that candidate without reservation - no fee or other compensation will be owed or paid to the recruiter, employment agency, or other staffing service.