Location: Indianapolis, IN
About the role:
At Advanced Accelerator Applications, a Novartis company, we are committed to leading innovation in nuclear medicine and delivering the next generation of targeted radioligand therapy to cancer patients. We are looking for inspired professionals to help us reach our ambitious goals.
The QC Microbiologist supports all technical aspects related to quality control testing readiness, including QC reagents and materials management, equipment preparation and daily cleaning and maintenance activities, sample management and QC testing, and documentation completion and review in full compliance with GMP regulation, Advanced Accelerator Applications procedures, and product specifications.
• Provide shop floor quality oversight of all production, quality control and supply chain departments to Responsible for the oversight on manufacturing for QC sampling activities.
• Finished Product testing, Environmental Monitoring and Sterility QC testing, and reporting of the QC results. Escalation in case of non-conformances and deviations and manage these quality incidents as per Advanced Accelerator Applications procedures.
• Support deviation investigations, OOS/OOT/OOE investigations, CAPA follow up and implementation, and Change Control management, including procedure and form revisions.
• Participation in assigned qualification/validation activities, as necessary.
• Responsible for successful on time completion of required training curricula comprising of the necessary Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Aseptic Techniques, Gowning Qualifications, Testing and specifications, and other relevant training including HSE for the specific role.
• Prepares applicable documents, forms, and records such as analytical batch records and follows Good Documentation Practices.
• Support internal and external Audits and Inspections, as required.
This role is for our day shift and the workweek will be Monday - Friday from 8AM - 4:30PM.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
• Education: Bachelors' degree required in relevant Scientific discipline (e.g Chemistry, Microbiology).
• Minimum of 3-year experience in cGMP or aseptic environment required.
• Knowledge of cGMP regulations and FDA guidance applicable to Quality Control for product and Environmental Monitoring testing, as well as Aseptic techniques.
• Practical experience with Microbiology method verification and routine testing practices, EM Monitoring and basic knowledge of method/equipment validation principle and methodologies.
• Ability to interpret analytical data and convert into technical documentation. Basic knowledge and understanding of aseptic principles and techniques.
Why Novartis: Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people's lives and our vision is to become the most valued and trusted medicines company in the world. How can we achieve this? With our people. It is our associates that drive us each day to reach our ambitions. Be a part of this mission and join us! Learn more here:
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $88,000.00 and $132,000.00 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
You can find everything you need to know about our benefits and rewards in the Novartis Life Handbook. https://www.novartis.com/careers/benefits-rewards
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations:
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com call +1(877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: Novartis Talent Pool.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.