Partner, Climate Change (Partner Level) page is loaded Partner, Climate Change (Partner Level) Apply locations Irvine, California Denver, Colorado Carpinteria, California San Francisco, California Sacramento, California time type Full time posted on Posted Yesterday job requisition id R00019604
As part of the continued growth and innovation of our North American Corporate Sustainability & Climate Change (CS&CC) team, ERM
has an opportunity for an experienced leader to join our global consulting firm as a Climate Change Advisory Partner
and become a true owner and shareholder in a business with sustainability at its heart.
We are looking for an established leader interested in being part of ERM's thriving global community - outstanding professionals who combine strong consulting and business development skills with a strong technical foundation - to foster and expand a network of excellent client relationships across a variety of sectors. We seek an individual to help us drive the continued growth of ERM's business through selling and delivering world-class services, recruiting and developing our next generation of leaders, and further advancing our reputation for CS&CC solutions, coupled with value-creation programs based on the rapidly evolving Low Carbon Economy Transition (LCET).
ERM, as the world's leading sustainability consultancy, is uniquely qualified to advise Fortune 500 companies on climate strategy, disclosure, investor demands and the transition to a lower carbon economy. Our global CS&CC practice is a clear market leader, providing highly innovative advisory services from Board engagement to operationalizing sustainability and climate change strategy across our client's business. Our team provides strategic advice to clients, including conducting a wide range of carbon accounting analyses, assessing transition and physical risks and opportunities, setting and implementing ambitious climate goals (e.g., net-zero and science based targets), embedding climate considerations/decarbonization into business strategy and disclosing through reporting and responding to investor inquiries. With a target of reaching $50 million in sales by 2023 in North America, ERM's CS&CC practice is one of the fastest growing in a business with annual double-digit growth.
ERM is also committed to taking a climate leadership position through "walking the talk" in our own business. We have committed to net-zero across our operations by 2025 and we are strengthening our Science Based Targets to align to a 1.5 degree Celsius target.
This is a Partner-level opportunity for a senior-level professional looking to further their career with an equity stake with a global sustainable business consulting leader that supports the world's leading organizations. A career as an ERM Partner is unique. Our partnership model offers unparalleled opportunities for leaders with ambition, vision and proven expertise, providing:
- The opportunity to contribute significantly to key decisions, including the overall strategic direction of our organization.
- Meaningful equity ownership with significant financial and intangible rewards.
- The ability to provide "thought leadership" on a wide range of technical and business issues impacting our core markets.
- An extension of ERM's market position and reach with your established relationships to further drive our growth.
Primary focus on client development and delivery of the full spectrum of ERM's consulting services to provide strategic value to our Key Clients in North America. In particular, play a key role in growing ERM's CS&CC practice with a focus on Climate Change Advisory across the firm's broad portfolio of service offerings:
- Set strategic direction by understanding how climate considerations including transition and physical risks are reshaping market expectations, engaging their leaders (including the Board, C-suite and operational management) in defining the case for change, and setting new direction for integrating climate strategy into business strategy.
- Implement change by leveraging ERM's business process transformation capability, digital solutions and deep subject matter expertise. We combine proven processes and systems with advanced technology and experienced professionals to help clients integrate decarbonization and climate resilience strategies into the fabric of their organizations to drive continuous improvement and unlock business value.
- Disclose effectively by using proven methodologies for assessing materiality and driving robust reporting (e.g. GRI, SASB) and a strategic framework to respond to investor surveys (e.g. CDP, DJSI, MSCI, Sustainalytics, ISS). We offer specialist scenario analysis support to help meet growing investor demand for disclosure around climate change, using frameworks such as TCFD.
- Strong business and leadership skills to help deliver ERM's business objectives:
- Actively develop commercial strategies to pursue and win new business opportunities associated with the Low Carbon Economy Transition that result in significant revenue growth with target clients aligned with ERM's global strategy.
- Provide business value selling at the top levels of client organizations, raising the profile of ERM's capabilities within key client organizations, to identify and shape clients' needs for ERM services.
- Develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships by delivering strategic consulting advice, excellent value, and quality service.
- Maintain pulse on industry business deals and prioritize sales efforts toward high-potential, top opportunities.
- Manage capture efforts utilizing technical understanding to develop proposals, including written content, pricing, presentations, and contracting.
- Help ERM evolve its current Climate Advisory positioning within our Key Clients and High Growth High Value clients across sectors by being active in the market, listening to clients, developing new service offerings and delivering high quality and impactful solutions to our clients.
- Build, grow, and manage a high-performance team, serving as a leader and mentor to other consultants. Identify emerging talent and work with them to reach their full potential; ensure rising stars are nurtured, developed and given new areas of responsibility.
- Support the growth and development of ERM's North American Climate Advisory practice and actively collaborate with colleagues across North America and the globe. Drive innovation within the practice to stay ahead of client needs and to differentiate ERM in the market.
- Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment to build ERM's global business, as well as to lead client and practice teams. Leverage ‘all of ERM' to bring our clients integrated solutions to address their most pressing sustainability needs.
- Meet business financial targets, overall project budget and schedule, client satisfaction/expectations, and internal and contract requirements.
For the Partner , Climate Change position , we anticipate the annual base pay of $200,000 - $240,000. An employee's pay position within this range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs. We also may have instances where employee's fall outside of the range based on the factors noted above. This job is also eligible for bonus pay. We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees. You can apply for this role through https://www.erm.com/careers/apply/ or through the internal careers portal if you are a current employee. Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company's sole discretion, consistent with the law. Who We Are:
- Bachelor's Degree in economics, engineering, science, business, or related discipline; advanced degrees preferred.
- 15+ years' progressive experience in a consulting environment, working at a high-level with corporate legal clients; proven track record with Fortune 500 firms including oil and gas, chemical, mining, power, infrastructure, technology and/or manufacturing sectors.
- Business acumen to understand business risk and challenges, and recognize key market opportunities.
- Demonstrable track record in delivering multimillion dollar sales results annually, including successfully winning large and strategic portfolios.
- Well-versed in CS&CC with a focus on climate strategy and climate-related services.
- Offer recognized technical expertise and an established reputation in the local marketplace.
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Similar Jobs (5) Partner, Climate Change (Partner Level) locations 5 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted Yesterday Partner, New Energies (Partner Level) locations 6 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago About Us
ERM is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We work with the world's leading organizations, delivering innovative solutions and helping them to understand and manage their sustainability challenges. To do this, we have more than 5,500 people in over 40 countries and territories working out of more than 160 offices.
For nearly 50 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
"The business of sustainability" reflects what we do to support our clients as they strive to attain their business goals. Sustainability and business are now inextricably linked and as an expert in sustainability, we play a role in helping companies achieve their objectives with an understanding of how this impacts wider society and the environment. We intend to contribute even more to the global dialogue on sustainability and expect our work on sustainability challenges and opportunities to deliver growth in our business. Sustainability is our business. ERM Homepage