VP, Cancer Cell Biology, Research Oncology page is loaded VP, Cancer Cell Biology, Research Oncology Bewerben locations United States - California - Foster City time type Full time posted on Vor 2 Tagen ausgeschrieben job requisition id R0037599 For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis, and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
VP, Cancer Cell Biology, Research Oncology
Reporting to the Head of Research Oncology, the Vice President, Cancer Cell Biology will provide strategic leadership and management of Gilead's tumor-intrinsic drug discovery programs. The successful candidate will work in close partnership with the head of Research Oncology to provide scientific and organizational leadership for oncology programs at varied stages of drug discovery and development. This leader will develop and maintain collaborative relationships with other executives, leaders, and stakeholders in the Gilead Research and Development organization, including members of Medicinal Chemistry, Protein Therapeutics, Structural Biology, Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, Toxicology , Oncology Biomarkers, and Oncology Clinical development.
As head of Gilead's tumor-intrinsic therapeutic discovery efforts, this leader will lead and grow a talented group of scientists, providing strategic and technical leadership for multidisciplinary, cross-functional drug discovery project teams. The successful candidate will also represent Gilead Research externally and serve as a key driver and decision maker in business and corporate development opportunities related to tumor-intrinsic therapeutics and platforms.
The ideal candidate is a creative and innovative cancer cell biologist with senior-level strategic, scientific, and technical leadership experience across mid-to-large-sized teams and substantial experience in the successful discovery and development of small molecule therapeutics targeting tumor-intrinsic oncogenic signaling and/or immune evasion pathways.
The leader will be responsible for managing timelines, milestones, and objectives for tumor-intrinsic therapeutic discovery programs and helping to develop and maintain top talent within the Gilead Oncology Research department.
- Ability to function and lead in a highly collegial, entrepreneurial environment.
- Successful leadership and management of multi-disciplinary scientific teams from target discovery to candidate nomination to IND.
- Responsibility for multiple projects, developing and orchestrating timelines to achieve Gilead's goals and milestones.
- Devise and execute an innovative strategy for targeting tumor-intrinsic pathways to promote cancer cell death and immune stimulation. Demonstrated ability to align scientific focus and research with evolving corporate objectives and strategic priorities.
- Successful experience in crafting and implementing research and pre-clinical strategies resulting in successful patent and IND filings.
- Deep scientific knowledge and curiosity, with a passion for target discovery and advancing a world-class research oncology therapeutic portfolio. The generation of novel intellectual property and publication in top-tier journals is expected.
- Critically evaluate external technologies and innovations to support in-licensing and partnering efforts. Clearly articulate developing opportunities and threats and evaluate options against anticipated commercial and scientific trends.
- Represent Gilead externally at scientific meetings, advisory boards, and through high impact presentations, publications, and other scientific communications.
Gilead Core Values
- Recognized leader in the field of small molecule oncology drug discovery, with a record of scientific accomplishment and publication.
- Doctorate and/or medical degree in oncology, cell biology, or related disciplines with relevant post-doctoral experience.
- 15+ years of relevant industry experience, in a biopharmaceutical setting with extensive experience leading drug discovery project teams from lead optimization to successful investigational new drug-enabling approval.
- Expertise and deep knowledge in cancer cell biology, oncogenic signaling pathways, target discovery screens, and/or mechanisms of tumor cell immune evasion.
- Demonstrated ability to lead high-performing multidisciplinary drug discovery teams, set clear direction and priorities, enabling cross-functional collaboration, empowering people, and developing and mentoring talent.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with an enthusiasm for leading in an environment characterized by rigorous scientific and innovative thinking.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Integrity (Doing What's Right)
Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
Teamwork (Working Together)
Excellence (Being Your Best)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Ähnliche Stellen (5) Director, Clinical Pharmacology, Inflammation/ Oncology locations United States - California - Foster City time type Full time posted on Gestern ausgeschrieben Director, Clinical Pharmacology, Inflammation/ Oncology locations United States - California - Foster City time type Full time posted on Vor mehr als 30 Tagen ausgeschrieben About Us
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California. Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. T he health of our employees, contractors, their loved ones, our partners and the communities and people we serve is a top priority. Vaccination is the most effective way currently available to deliver on that priority. The purpose of the vaccination requirement is to minimize the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace and support the health and safety of our communities. A person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request an accommodation.