WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,400 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction, and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, and a wide range of private commercial and residential development clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration, and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges. PLANNING PRACTICE
We create, integrate, visualize and communicate planning concepts as they move from the initial vision through implementation. Our planning professionals build strong client partnerships, working with residents, businesses, developers, educational and medical organizations, state and local governments, the military and other federal agencies to successfully plan the future of their communities or institutions. At Michael Baker International, we focus on people and places, improving communities and creating more sustainable, convenient, equitable, healthful, efficient, and attractive places. DESCRIPTION
Michael Baker International's Inland Empire Planning Practice is seeking a Full Time Environmental Planner specializing in environmental review under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). This position involves the preparation of environmental documentation for various types of projects.
The Environmental Planner will provide support to Project Managers throughout all aspects of environmental review. The Environmental Planner will be responsible for writing the non-technical sections of CEQA/NEPA documents and other similar documents and for coordinating with internal technical staff and subconsultants. RESPONSIBILITIES
- As an Environmental Planner, this position will involve the management and preparation of Initial Studies, EIRs, joint documents, and other CEQA/NEPA documents for clients.
- Team coordination, some business development pursuits and working both with our local professionals and the other offices of Michael Baker International are all in a day's work.
- You will assist in proposal production. Strong emphasis will be placed on previous technical experience, quality of work, and the ability to manage project budgets and schedules.
- The best part of being an Environmental Planner at Michael Baker is that no two days will be the same. You will face different challenges every day as you manage and/or assist with complex environmental planning efforts.
- You will feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping Michael Baker International provide innovative solutions to environmental planning challenges, big and small, and Making a Difference for the clients and communities we serve!
- Successful candidates for this position will be motivated self-starters who can work independently and as part of a team.
- You'll need a minimum of Bachelor Degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Planning, Environmental Sciences, Ecology or a related field and a minimum of 0-2 years of relevant experience
- To be successful, you'll need to be bright, organized, and determined; you'll also need to be able to build relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently as well as in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Excel)
- A desire to produce first-class work products is essential; you'll need a demonstrated personal commitment to accuracy and quality.
- Candidate must have a Driver's License and access to reliable transportation
- Candidate must have the ability to work both remotely and in-person at Michael Baker's Temecula office
- Candidate must have the ability to travel locally (primarily Riverside County) for fieldwork, client meetings, staffing support, community outreach/stakeholder meetings, and public hearings
- You'll need to be able to quickly get up to speed on our policy, procedures and relevant software while acquiring an understanding of the company's service offerings, and the standards relevant to your projects.
: Whether you want to work in the office, at home, or in a hybrid model, we accommodate a variety of preferences. We recognize our employees face many factors when it comes to selecting the best work location, and we are passionate about providing options and flexibility. COMPENSATION
The salary range for this position is $69,000-$94,000. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate. BENEFITS
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development
- Generous paid time off
- Commuter and wellness benefits
Michael Baker International, a leading provider of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management, has been solving some of the world's most complex infrastructure challenges for more than 80 years with a legacy of expertise, experience, innovation and integrity.
Based in Pittsburgh and with nearly 100 offices nationwide, we partner with clients on everything from roads, bridges, tunnels, mass transit, and airports, to water treatment plants, arctic oil pipelines, environmental restoration and specialized overseas construction. We serve as a trusted adviser to the communities we serve, making them safer, more accessible, more sustainable and more prosperous.
We provide visionary leadership in facilitating transformational change for our clients. Our work delivers differentiating innovations and dedicated experts who challenge the status quo and share a world of diverse experience and an impassioned entrepreneurial spirit. We deliver quality of life.
We Make a Difference.
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.CEQA Environmental Planner - California