Principal/Sr. Principal Scientist, In Vivo Biology page is loaded Principal/Sr. Principal Scientist, In Vivo Biology Apply remote type On-Site locations US CA San Diego time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago job requisition id R3981 Who We Are:
At Neurocrine Biosciences, we pride ourselves on having a strong, inclusive, and positive culture based on our shared purpose and values. We know what it takes to be great, and we are as passionate about our people as we are about our purpose - to relieve suffering for people with great needs, but few options.
What We Do:
Neurocrine Biosciences is a neuroscience-focused, biopharmaceutical company with a simple purpose: to relieve suffering for people with great needs, but few options. We are dedicated to discovering and developing life-changing treatments for patients with under-addressed neurological, endocrine and psychiatric disorders. The company's diverse portfolio includes FDA-approved treatments for tardive dyskinesia, Parkinson's disease, endometriosis* and uterine fibroids*, as well as clinical programs in multiple therapeutic areas. For three decades, we have applied our unique insight into neuroscience and the interconnections between brain and body systems to treat complex conditions. We relentlessly pursue medicines to ease the burden of debilitating diseases and disorders, because you deserve brave science. *in collaboration with AbbVie About the Role:
The successful applicant will combine subject matter expertise in preclinical animal models with industry experience to advance neuroscience discovery programs from target identification through development candidate nomination. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate deep knowledge in CNS therapeutics for neurological disorders, with an emphasis on epilepsy, movement disorders, and neuropathic pain. You will provide leadership to ongoing drug discovery and development projects and identify new targets across a broad range of modalities to enhance our early pipeline. A significant part of the role will be building internal capabilities for establishing target engagement, pharmacodynamic activity, and preclinical proof-of-concept for novel drug candidates. The ability to identify and work with CROs to design appropriate preclinical studies and deliver results in a timely manner is also critical. Stakeholders will include in vitro and in vivo pharmacologists, medicinal chemists, and preclinical and clinical scientists. Experience leading cross-functional teams and mentoring biology scientists in a biotech or industry setting is preferred.
Your Contributions (include, but are not limited to):
- Provide subject matter expertise and in vivo pharmacology support to drug discovery projects in the CNS space, including the design, development and execution of preclinical pharmacology strategies
- Lead cross-functional teams of scientists and coordinate activities drug discovery projects, with a focus on epilepsy, movement disorders, and pain
- Work across functions with medicinal chemists, DMPK scientists, safety pharmacologists/toxicologists, and development/clinical teams
- Execute IND-enabling studies
- Drive the enablement of innovative modalities, models, and assays for interrogating therapeutic targets
- Manage the outsourcing of preclinical pharmacology studies with CROs and/or academic collaboration
- Interpret, summarize, and present research findings in internal and external scientific meetings/conferences
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior team members via extensive knowledge and practical experience with preclinical animal models of CNS disease
- BS/BA degree in Biology and 15+ years of experience in innovative modalities for interrogating therapeutic targets and experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company/or equivalent in an academic setting. Proven track record of accomplishments. Demonstrated track record of scientific excellence and innovative research. Extensive previous managerial experiences also required, OR
- Master's degree in Biology and 13+ years of similar experience noted above, OR
- PhD in Biology preferred and 10+ years of similar experience noted above
- Strong understanding of the drug discovery process, particularly as it relates to epilepsy, movement disorders, and/or pain
- Motivated, creative, and innovative Neuroscientist with proven expertise in in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo pharmacology design as it applies to development and execution of drug discovery strategies
- Possesses the ability to direct a team of scientists, coordinate activities across multiple drug discovery programs, and drive the development and incorporation of novel technologies
- Expert working knowledge of data analysis software and the application of laboratory informatics systems
- Overall strong work ethic and willingness to engage in laboratory experimentation across therapeutic areas
- Recognized as an internal thought leader in preclinical animal models
- Applies in-depth knowledge of own function, business/commercial/scientific expertise to solve critical issues successfully and innovatively
- Evaluates key business/scientific challenges and completes complex, ambiguous initiatives having cross-functional impact
- Ability to apply advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Strong leadership, coaching, employee development skills
- Ability to influence others with or without authority at all levels of the organization
- Proactive, innovative, with good problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a cross functional team and matrix environment
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- Continuously build scientific-track record and present research at conferences and publish findings in peer-reviewed journals
- Performs other duties as assigned
Neurocrine Biosciences is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets employer.
We are committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, and we recognize there are a variety of ways to meet our requirements. We are looking for the best candidate for the job and encourage you to apply even if your experience or qualifications don't line up to exactly what we have outlined in the job description.
The annual base salary we reasonably expect to pay is $146,300.00-$212,150.00. Individual pay decisions depend on various factors, such as primary work location, complexity and responsibility of role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. In addition, this position offers an annual bonus with a target of 30% of the earned base salary and eligibility to participate in our equity based long term incentive program. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan (with company match), paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans. About Us OUR VALUES:
- PASSION: We are driven and love what we do. We are committed to our goals and to making a difference.
- INTEGRITY:We do the right thing for patients and our community. We take accountability. We speak up.
- COLLABORATION: We trust one another. We are inclusive. We are respectful. We are transparent. Together we succeed.
- INNOVATION: We seek and create optimal solutions.
- TENACITY:We do not quit. We adapt. We accomplish what others cannot.
Come join our team during this exciting time of growth and opportunities! We are a top place to work.
Neurocrine Biosciences was named one of the FORTUNE Best Workplaces in Biopharma™ 2022 and was included on Barron's 100 Most Sustainable U.S. Companies list .
We were also named a Great Place to Work® Certified company and were recognized on Great Place to Work's Best Workplaces for Parents™ 2020 list.
©2022 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. #J-18808-Ljbffr