Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ARWR) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company that develops medicines that treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, Arrowhead therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep, and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specific gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Arrowhead's RNAi-based therapeutics leverage this natural pathway of gene silencing.
Arrowhead is focused on developing innovative drugs for diseases with a genetic basis, typically characterized by the overproduction of one or more proteins that are involved with disease. The depth and versatility of our RNAi technologies enables us to potentially address conditions in virtually any therapeutic area and pursue disease targets that are not otherwise addressable by small molecules and biologics. Arrowhead is leading the field in bringing the promise of RNAi to address diseases outside of the liver, and our clinical pipeline includes disease targets in the liver and lung with a promising pipeline of preclinical candidates.
Arrowhead's corporate headquarters is in Pasadena, CA with research and development teams in Madison, WI and San Diego, CA. Our employees are nimble, science-driven innovators who are collaborating to bring new therapies to patients in need. The Position
This is a hands-on, laboratory-based position for a Scientist/Sr. Scientist as a key member of Bioanalysis team
- Identify and establish various biological and biochemical assays through hands-on experiments
- Independently design and execute in vitro and ex vivo studies to facilitate drug discovery
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the lab and perform critical experiments
- Demonstrate independence in troubleshooting and solving technical problems
- Present research findings to project teams and governance bodies and prepare study reports
- May mentor/supervise a team of associates and guide the performance of those individuals; is accountable for the effective performance of the team/individuals
- Ph.D. degree with 0-3 years working experience or B.S./M.S. degree with 6-10 years working experience in molecular biology, cell biology, biology, biochemistry, or related field
- Extensive experience in molecular biology and biochemical assay development and data analysis (e.g. Taqman, ELISA, Jess, MSD)
- Extensive experience in mammalian cell culture and cell-based assay (e.g. immortalized cells, primary cells, neuronal cells)
- Track-record of high-quality scientific achievement, creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent in communication, organizational skills, record keeping and collaboration
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-pace, self-starting matrix organization
- Prior hands-on experience in molecular biology (e.g. AAV system, plasmid design)
- Previous pharmaceutical/biotech experience
California pay range $100,000-$160,000 USD
Arrowhead provides competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package.
All applicants must have authorization to work in the US for a company.