Our structure biology team embedded within the vibrant scientific environment of Large Molecules Research at Sanofi in Cambridge Crossing has an exciting postdoc opportunity for a structure biologist to accelerate biologics discovery. The postdoc will work as a valued team member to apply the latest advances in structural biology and biophysics within our research portfolio while playing a role in Sanofi's ongoing efforts to reinvent drug discovery. Click the link below for more information about Sanofi's Postdoctoral careers. Sanofi's Postdoctoral Program | Careers at SanofiMain Responsibilities:
The successful candidate is a team player with excellent communication skills, has expertise in all aspects of cryoEM from sample preparation, data collection, data processing through 3D reconstruction. The postdoc will establish a molecular cryoET and AI/ML enhanced hybrid microscopy workflow to visualize large conformational dynamics in therapeutically relevant protein complexes. About You Experience
- Structure biology and/or CryoEM research contributions demonstrated through authorship in peer-reviewed publication(s)
- Self-motivated, innovative, and able to handle multiple challenging projects in parallel.
- Excellent presentation skills to communicate structural biology findings and enhance team-based progress.
- Ability to work independently, and effectively within timelines and collaborate in a highly multidisciplinary environment.
- Expertise in cryoEM grid preparation, screening, and data collection
- Knowledge in all aspects of single particle cryoEM data processing, three-dimensional structure determination, and model building
- Basic understanding of Linux terminal usage/shell-scripting is required. Experience in cloud computing, Python scripting and understanding of AI/ML applications in structural biology is a plus.
- PhD in protein biochemistry, biophysics, structural biology, or related discipline.
: English Preferred qualifications
- Protein purification, analytical and biophysical characterization
- CryoET sample preparation, data collection and processing
- Protein engineering and in silico protein design
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.