Loyola Medical Center located in the western suburbs and approximately, 35 minutes from downtown Chicago. Easy access to I290 and I55.
Come be a part of the transformation happening at Loyola Medicine. New state of the art Regional Clinical Laboratory. The new lab enables greater operational efficiencies, improved turnaround times to support future growth and expansion into emerging technologies and lab testing methodologies.Our Vision
As a mission-driven innovative health organization, we will become the national leader in improving the health of our communities and each person we serve. We will be the most trusted health partner for life.Full-Time EveningsAbout the Job
In this role, the Medical Lab Scientist- Microbiology will is responsible for supporting the delivery of patient care by performing laboratory testing that is utilized in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. This includes waived, moderate and high complexity testing.What you will do
- Performs all laboratory testing, including the pre-examination phase in accordance with standard operating procedures and accreditation guidelines to support the delivery of patient care.
- Conducts and documents established quality control procedures on analytical tests, equipment, reagents, media, and products; evaluates the results of quality control testing and implements corrective action according to established protocols to ensure the accuracy and quality of patient testing.
- Participates in the validation of laboratory methods and procedures to meet the changing health care needs of our patients.
Here is what you will needRequired:
- Recognizes and documents problems that may adversely affect test performance or the reporting of test results. Identifies, implements and documents appropriate corrective action or notifies the technical specialist, shift supervisor or manager.
- Bachelor's Degree for MLS and Associates for MT
- Specific Degree(s): Medical Technology, Medical Laboratory Science, Biology, or Chemistry
Perks & Benefits
- Certified Medical Laboratory Scientist (ASCP) or equivalent
- Other: Laboratory certification required (ASCP or HEW)
Our Promise to You
- Benefits from Day One (Medical and Dental)
- Competitive Shift Differentials
- Daily Pay "NEW"
- Career Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Participation in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- 403(b) with Employer Match
- On Site Fitness Center (Gottlieb Memorial Hospital & LUMC)
- Referral Rewards
- Perks Program
Joining Loyola Medicine is being a part of an organization that treats the human spirit in our patients and fellow colleagues. We are a part of a community which believes in giving back to those we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- We serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities
- We live and breathe our guiding behaviors: we support each other in serving, we communicate openly, honestly, respectfully, and directly, we are fully present, we are all accountable, we trust and assume goodness in intentions, and we are continuous learners
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.