Job Description THE EMPLOYER
Our Client build on decades of experience to manufacture commercial roofing, premium-quality insulation and a variety of engineered products for our customers. THE JOB
As a Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
your roles and responsibilities will include:
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Supports and promotes safe practices in alignment with company commitments, policies, and compliance requirements.
- Acts as an OSHA and EPA regulatory compliance resource.
- Leads or participates in incident investigations (injury, property damage, near-hit, environmental deviations, etc.) and root cause analysis, and works with the plant operations team to determine appropriate corrective/preventative action.
- Perform risk and hazard assessments/inspections to determine employee risk/exposure and suggest/drive actions to mitigate/reduce them.
- Establish and drive continuous improvement in the facility's safety monitoring and recordkeeping systems to ensure compliance with all JM policies and federal regulatory requirements.
- Assist the plant operations team and JM Corporate Safety to evaluate and determine appropriate proactive safety strategies for projects that may have an impact on the facility or employees.
- Develop action plans for safety activities, coordinate the plant Safety Committee team, perform follow-up on these activities, and report status to the Plant Manager.
- Facilitate safety, health, and environmental training for all plant personnel.
- Compile and track all documentation for compliance with all safety and environmental policies and required activities (Work Notifications, Inspection Records, OSHA 300, etc.).
- Support plant initiatives towards Lean, Kaizen, Cost Reduction, 5S and other facility improvements.
Most importantly, you need to be a passionate Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
who enjoys his work and is considered to be one of the best within your organization. The ideal Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
would be someone with deep experience in many (if not all) of the following:
- Bachelors' degree in Safety & Health and/or Environmental or equivalent degree.
- Prior Safety Specific Training (OSHA 30 Hour, Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health, etc.)
- Four or more years of experience in a safety and/or environmental role in an industrial setting. Comfortable working in a plant environment.
- Working knowledge of federal safety and environmental laws (e.g., OSHA, EPA, etc.)
- Ability to work with respective outside agencies and contracted employees.
- Professional Certifications in Safety, Environmental or Occupational Health (e.g., CSP, CIH, OHST, SMS, CEM, CHMM, etc.) ( Preferred)
We understand that even if you are a seasoned Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
you may not have all the skills listed here. If you are a good at what you do and have a willingness to learn, lets talk. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Compensation:
Based on Experience. One of the best in the industry Minimum Education:
Bachelors' degree Minimum Experience:
5+ to 7 years' experience Type of position:
Full time Permanent Position with benefits Telecommute:
Bremen, Indiana Relocation accepted: