We are looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent technical and interpersonal skills to work with our talented team in delivering outstanding service to our clients. Your primary focus will be to assist project managers and senior scientists and engineers with both contaminated sites and Environmental Planning & Ecology related projects. You will be an intermediate engineer, environmental scientist, or environmental technologist with an educational background in Environmental Planning & Ecology and/or contaminated sites investigation and remediation. Experience working outdoors is an asset as your job duties will include field work. About the opportunity:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to take on a wide variety of tasks. Some examples are:
- Working closely with Project Managers and senior field technologists to perform activities such as: groundwater monitoring, soil sampling, air monitoring, test pitting, borehole drilling, groundwater monitoring well installation, surveying, construction environmental monitoring, data tabulation, environmental data interpretation, and coordination with field subcontractors.
- Developing or supporting environmental impact assessment reports, including researching, gathering data, and drafting of text or editing of text developed by technical disciplines.
- Reviewing and providing input to client invoices, including expenses, sub-contractor and supplier invoices, rates, and billing titles.
- Supporting communication between proponents, environmental teams, and regulatory agencies.
- Providing regulatory support to internal teams during all stages of the project life cycle
- Timely and accurate reporting of construction activities (daily, monthly, and incidents).
- Support water resources, engineering design and human environment projects