Early Career Environmental Scientist
Req ID 15089 Early Career Environmental Scientist Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We're looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future! Our Business
We are a global leader in environmental consulting - made stronger with the recent acquisition of Wood's Environment & Infrastructure business and Golder - with world-class expertise in environmental, social and governance (ESG), climate resiliency & sustainability (CRS), and earth sciences. Combined we have over 20,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from across the globe. This Opportunity
WSP is seeking a talented candidate for the position of Early Career Environmental Scientist
for our El Paso, TX
location. In this role you will take part in providing local technical assistance for the collection, identification, and compiling of environmental and geological data from various media (soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, air/vapor); generate accurate and concise documentation, ensuring that responsibilities are delivered and adhered to with a level of quality that meets or exceeds acceptable industry standards. Be involved in projects with our Earth & Environment Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges. Your Impact
Who You Are Required Qualifications
- Under general supervision, perform routine field work related to soil sampling, soil gas sampling, groundwater sampling, stormwater sampling, boring logs, and other assignments as designated.
- Maintain quality control standards and procedures for accurate and precise measurements.
- Generate complete, accurate, and concise documentation using electronic systems and field/work site notebook.
- Comply with safety guidelines and site-specific procedures which include but are not limited to, the maintenance of sample collection, location data, laboratory documentation, and logbooks.
- Utilize the latest technologies and techniques in performing studies and analysis of organic and inorganic compounds to determine their composition.
- Complete training on assigned tasks.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
#LI-JF2 Additional Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Geology, Hydrogeology or a related life sciences field.
- 0-1 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent research skills with analytical mindset.
- Familiarity with the concepts of reducing and eliminating the use or generation of hazardous substances, processes, or products.
- Familiarity with relevant environmental laws, regulations, compliance practices, and record-keeping requirements.
- Competent interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to a scientific and non-scientific audience.
- Proficient self-leadership with attention to detail, multi-tasking, and prioritization of responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work independently under general supervision, as well as part of a team to meet business objectives.
- Basic proficiency with technical writing, office automation and communication software, technology, and tools.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP's health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: 50%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: EL PASO - MONTOYA RD
- All locations: US-NM-Las Cruces, US-TX-El Paso
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 15,000 employees in over 300 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a flexible and agile workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States. NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or other staffing services. Unsolicited resumes include any resume or hiring document sent to WSP in the absence of a signed Service Agreement where WSP has expressly requested recruitment/staffing services specific to the position at hand. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers or other business leaders, will become the property of WSP and WSP will have the right to hire that candidate without reservation - no fee or other compensation will be owed or paid to the recruiter, employment agency, or other staffing service.