APTIM's Jacksonville, Florida office is seeking a Environmental Scientist (hydrogeologist, geologist or environmental scientist) to assist the retail petroleum new-store construction team. The qualified candidate will be a hands-on professional scientist, handling a wide-range of tasks both in the field and in the office, for small to large scale construction projects. Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Initial responsibilities will be in the office, to include permitting, project preparation, and report writing responsibilities for construction projects across the state of Florida.
- Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of Best Management Practices and application submittals for dewatering permits, following through on permit approvals to completion.
- Performing Phase I/II environmental assessment field activities, including the use of complex instrumentation or equipment, and overseeing subcontractors.
- Report writing for Phase I/II environmental assessments, including interpretation and presentation of collected data in reports that include text, tables, and figures suitable for client and regulatory review.
- Assist Project Managers with running projects including handling project-related tasks, such as setting up Purchase Orders, scheduling subcontractors, scheduling field personal, tracking deadlines for client submittals, etc.
- Must be able to work as part of a team while at the same time taking ownership of your individual projects, managing time, effort, and duties within budgetary constraints and a timeline that shifts with client needs.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal/external business issues to improve products or services in own discipline.
- Applies knowledge and skills to a wide range of standard and nonstandard situations.
- Bachelor's degree in Geology / Environmental Science or related degree required
- 5 years experience at a minumum
- Working experience in the petroleum cleanup field
- Working knowledge of Florida regulations related to environmental investigations and permits.
- Must have good interpersonal skills, as you'll be interacting with clients and regulatory agencies on a regular basis.
- Must have strong written communication skills and an attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel required.
- Able to work outside in typical Florida conditions, during all seasons, for up to 12 hours at a time.
- Valid Driver's License.
- OSHA 40 Hr HAZWOPER
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may make their request known by e-mailing HRQuestions@cbifederalservices.com or calling 855.343.5600 for assistance.