At Horizon Therapeutics, we define success by the number of lives touched, lives changed, and lives saved. Our global biotechnology company is made up of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers with a focus on delivering breakthrough medicines to those living with rare, autoimmune, and severe inflammatory diseases. This is the heart of our global mission. Start a career that enables you to live up to your potential and help others live up to theirs. Join us.
The exceptional support we provide patients and communities equally extends to our employees. We offer industry-leading and award-winning benefits, compensation and rewards programs that positively impact all areas of our employees' personal and professional lives. Position Summary:
Horizon is seeking a talented and highly motivated Scientist with a strong track record of elucidating molecular complexity and interactions of cells at the tissue level in autoimmune, inflammatory, and fibrotic diseases. This Scientist will support pre-clinical large scale spatial proteomics, spatial transcriptomics, and histology activities. This person will interface with CROs generating data as well as perform hands-on experiments. They will independently design experiments, oversee CRO activities, analyze data, and communicate results. They will be advancing several projects simultaneously in collaboration with project leads; the Scientist will work with multidisciplinary teams across Horizon. The candidate must have strong written and oral communication skills, be self-motivated, innovative, highly organized, a team player, and must be able to work independently.Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Skills:
- Work with project leads to understand project requirements, recommend appropriate methodology and study design, and deliver results.
- Interface with CROs to organize spatial proteomic and spatial transcriptomic studies, including antibody qualification, panel design/optimization, data generation, and study report delivery.
- Hands-on generation of spatial proteomic and spatial transcriptomic data as needed.
- Support basic histology needs (e.g., H&E, PAS), manage IHC assay development activities, and oversee antibody campaigns for reagent generation.
- Organize and coordinate multiple ongoing projects being advanced both internally and externally.
- Be subject matter expert in spatial proteomics and spatial transcriptomics. Continuously evaluate emerging spatial biology technologies.
- Expertise with spatial proteomics platforms (e.g., IMC, CODEX) and immunophenotyping is required
- Experience with spatial proteomics and spatial transcriptomics bioinformatic software (e.g., Space Ranger, BioTuring, Napari, Rosalind) is highly desired
- Experience in IHC/IF assay development, both hands on and through CROs, is highly desired
- Familiarity with histology software (e.g., histoCAT, Halo AI, Arrivis) desired
- Clear and effective presentation skills required
- The candidate will be expected to work independently with minimal supervision
- Professional, proactive demeanor
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelors with 7+ years, MS with 5+ years of industry experience desired or PhD with 3+ years of postdoctoral experience
These three values come to life through our five Leadership Expectations that apply to all Horizon employees
- Transparency: We value collaboration. Trusting teach other and tackling tough challenges can make a powerful difference.
- Accountability: We do what's right for our patient communities through quality decisions and owning our successes and failures.
- Growth: We fiercely innovate and evolve to better ourselves, our communities and our patients.
- Enterprise Mindset: Look beyond one's team, brand or function to see the broader company and external perspective
- Exhibit Intellectual Curiosity: Seek to understand what you do not know; ask the right questions of the right people and sources
- Ensure Accountability and Courage: Step up to address difficult issues and hold self and others accountable to commitments
- Embrace Diverse Perspectives: Welcome others with a respectful attitude; integrate diverse perspectives into ways of working
- Develop Talent: Provide feedback, coaching and mentorship to help others be more effective in their role
At Horizon, we know that disease does not discriminate. We embrace the bold ideas of one another, foster a sense of belonging, and value inclusion. We attract and develop diverse talent because we believe that when people from different backgrounds and life experiences come together, we make lives better.
Horizon intends that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity, and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.