Head of Environment, Social & Governance
- Head of Environment, Social & Governance
Job Advert Job role: Head of Environment, Social & Governance Location: Remote - occasional travel to our London, Luton office Hours: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Emeria UK operates in the residential real estate sector through its operating brands of FirstPort, Mainstay, Knight Square and Campions. As Head of ESG you will be contributing to Emeria's vision to be the leader of residential real estate services in the UK & Ireland.
Y ou will play a critical role in driving our organisation's sustainability initiatives, responsible business practices, and ESG reporting. You will be responsible for
- assessing and monitoring the company's environmental and social impact,
- implementing ESG strategies,
- ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and industry standards.
Your expertise will contribute to enhancing our reputation as a socially and environmentally responsible company. Main Responsibilities ESG Strategy and Implementation
ESG Reporting and Compliance
- Develop and implement an ESG strategy aligned with the organisation's goals and values.
- Identify and prioritize ESG issues and initiatives based on stakeholder expectations and industry trends.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate ESG considerations into business strategies and operations.
Data Collection and Analysis
- Prepare and manage the company's ESG reporting framework, including sustainability reports, ESG disclosures, and responses to ESG surveys and questionnaires.
- Stay updated on relevant ESG regulations, standards, and reporting frameworks (e.g., SECR, ESSOS GRI, TCFD) to ensure compliance.
- Conduct regular assessments and audits to evaluate the company's ESG performance and identify areas for improvement.
Stakeholder Engagement and Collaboration
- Establish and maintain processes for collecting, analysing, and verifying ESG data from various sources within the organisation.
- Develop key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to measure and track progress on ESG goals.
- Conduct data-driven analyses to identify trends, opportunities, and risks related to ESG performance.
Position in Organisation
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to understand their ESG expectations, concerns, and feedback.
- Collaborate with investor relations, corporate communications, and marketing teams to effectively communicate the company's ESG initiatives and achievements.
- Build and maintain relationships with industry peers, ESG organisations, and external partners to exchange best practices and stay informed about emerging ESG trends.
- Assess and mitigate ESG-related risks, including reputational, operational, and regulatory risks.
- Provide guidance to the organisation on integrating ESG risk management into decision-making processes and policies.
- Support the development and implementation of crisis management plans related to ESG issues.
The Head of ESG will report to the Director of Legal and be responsible for 1 direct report (Sustainability Manager) Skills and Experience
Why choose us?
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., sustainability, environmental science, social sciences, business).
- Proven experience in ESG strategy development, implementation, and reporting.
- Strong knowledge of ESG frameworks, standards, and reporting guidelines (e.g., SECR, ESSOS GRI, TCFD).
- Familiarity with relevant ESG regulations and industry trends.
- Proficiency in data collection, analysis, and reporting, including the use of ESG software and tools.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a cross-functional environment.
- Professional certifications in ESG are desirable.
By joining us, you will work with industry professionals who are committed to providing the highest levels of customer service, as well as ensuring we put our people first.
The benefits of working with us can include free parking, free fruit, discounted gym membership, a true work-life balance and the opportunity of growth and progression. In addition to the core benefits, we also offer a range of exclusive discounts on extra benefits to help you and your family make the most of your money, safeguard your future and look after your health.
We're committed to promoting diversity at Emeria and recruit on merit. We are an inclusive employer that prides itself in being so diverse. What's next?
To start your application for this role we will ask you to upload your CV and answer a few questions.
Our recruiters will work with our managers to review your CV. If unsuccessful you will be notified. If you meet the criteria for the role, we'll be in touch to arrange a short telephone interview and our shortlist of candidates will be invited to attend interviews with the hiring manager.