Technical Consulting Director page is loaded Technical Consulting Director Apply locations Washington, DC Boston, Massachusetts Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Pennsylvania - Multiple Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 4 Days Ago job requisition id R00019805 ERM
is seeking a Technical Consulting Director
to join our growing corporate sustainability and climate change advisory services practice.
In this role, you will be a key contributor to a team developing and growing ERM's corporate sustainability and climate change business. ERM delivers a wide range of climate change services including strategy development, policy and regulatory analysis, target setting, and benchmarking. We help clients across a broad range of sectors, including power generation, electric and natural gas utilities, and financial institutions, develop and implement climate change programs and contribute to climate, clean energy, and clean transportation policy development.
This role in particular will be focused on helping to manage ERM's natural gas sector coalitions. The successful candidate for this position will assist in setting strategic direction and managing collaboratives focused on reducing emissions and implementing decarbonization strategies across the natural gas value chain.
Under its industry coalitions, ERM brings together utility companies and independent power producers, along with other stakeholders with common interests, to advance mutually beneficial goals in the arena of federal and state energy and environmental policy. These coalitions support and enhance the efforts of the members in understanding and engaging in federal and state legislative, regulatory, and policy developments in environmental and energy areas.
We will consider strong candidates in geographies throughout United States, with preference for those located in the Eastern time zone. RESPONSIBILITIES: Managing Clients and Projects
Teamwork and Organization
- Supports and manages stakeholder engagement and coalition strategy, development, and day-to-day operations.
- Demonstrates expertise in oil and gas sector regulation; strong understanding of federal and state air quality and climate policy programs - such as the federal Clean Air Act - also required.
- Leads advisory projects, leveraging a firm understanding of the current landscape for federal and state energy sector policies with a particular focus on GHG emissions accounting, methane mitigation, and climate regulation and legislation.
- Demonstrates expertise in conducting and managing policy and technical analyses.
- Thinks strategically to influence decision-makers and outcomes.
- Distills complexity from detail to effectively coach colleagues to deliver high-quality outputs.
- Demonstrates strong project management skills and oversight through the project lifecycle, including scoping, workstream and team management, budget and delivery.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills, excellent writing and presentation skills, and a mastery of impactful client communication.
- Builds strong and trusted relationships with clients and/or business partners
Business Development Activities
- Demonstrates strong people management skills; particularly the ability to support, coach and celebrate others in order to manage delivery of multiple simultaneous products and advance employee engagement.
- Mentors and potentially serves as direct manager for junior staff in the proper planning and execution of projects, and in directing or conducting independent technical reviews of deliverable work products.
- Identifies, evaluates, cultivates and manages partnerships and relationships with senior clients, external stakeholders and key opinion leaders.
- Effectively collaborates internally to bring our services to existing clients.
- Enhances ERM's capability to sell and deliver Energy and Climate Change services.
- Supports ERM's growing policy team to help leverage insights for a broad range of clients.
- Supports Account Management teams in meeting sales goals.
- Supports new business development campaigns, proposals and pitches.
Who We Are:
- Bachelor's degree required, with Master's degree (preferred) in policy, law, economics, engineering, or basic/applied science (such as physics, chemistry, material sciences, environmental science, earth sciences, etc.).
- 8-15 years of relevant work experience in a related field, such as consultancy, private sector (O&G, utilities, etc.), or environmental policy.
- Detailed understanding of EPA oil & gas emissions regulations (e.g., GHGRP, CAA section 111), other Federal agency regulations and policies (e.g., DOE, PHMSA, CEQ, FERC), and state GHG requirements.
- Experience developing GHG inventories (Scope 1-3), with a focus on quantifying methane emissions from oil and gas sources, including advanced technologies, emissions reconciliation, and industry frameworks (e.g., OGMP 2.0, GTI Veritas).
- Familiarity with natural gas certification programs, carbon foot printing, and product differentiation.
- Experience developing operational emissions reductions targets and strategic decarbonization pathways for energy-sector clients.
- Knowledge of low-carbon scenario pathways (e.g., IEA, NGFS) and approaches to GHG target setting in the financial sector (e.g., NZBA, PCAF) (preferred)
- Attention to detail and commitment to deliver high-quality work products.
- Demonstrated project management and leadership skills.
- Structured and effective communicator that can shape and deliver messages to executive level and facilitate effective client engagements.
- Experience of line management and/or contributing to the professional development of other teammates strongly preferred.
- Enthusiasm, initiative, flexibility, and a desire to work in a growing team.
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Similar Jobs (5) Technical Consulting Director, Product Stewardship and Climate Advisory (Director Level) locations 17 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago Principal Ecological Risk Consultant / Technical Director locations 13 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 13 Days Ago About Us
ERM is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We work with the world's leading organizations, delivering innovative solutions and helping them to understand and manage their sustainability challenges. To do this, we have more than 5,500 people in over 40 countries and territories working out of more than 160 offices.
For nearly 50 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
"The business of sustainability" reflects what we do to support our clients as they strive to attain their business goals. Sustainability and business are now inextricably linked and as an expert in sustainability, we play a role in helping companies achieve their objectives with an understanding of how this impacts wider society and the environment. We intend to contribute even more to the global dialogue on sustainability and expect our work on sustainability challenges and opportunities to deliver growth in our business. Sustainability is our business. ERM Homepage