Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver?Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT's The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow's zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?Role Description
Form Energy is hiring a Sr Staff Battery Modeling Engineer to enhance data analysis capabilities for cell & module performance testing. This role reports into our Battery Products Team. As part of our Battery Products team, you will work on cutting edge models to predict both our beginning of life and degradation battery performance in collaboration withthe Analytics team & Cell Development team. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape and be part of the growth of a fast-moving company with breakthrough technology and an incredible mission!What You'll Do:
What You'll Bring:
- Build tools to enable new battery data analysis
- Drive product direction based on model recommendations
- Collaborate across different scales including R&D and Systems teams
- Work with experimental teams to get new types of data needed to improve analysis
- 9-15 years of experience in modeling and data analysis
- Demonstrated experience ina wide range of modeling techniques (e.g.: machine learning, physics based/CFD, etc)
- Scripting abilities with python experience preferred
- First principle knowledge of engineering, chemistry, & physics fundamentals
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.