Consulting Associate, Climate Change (Entry Level) page is loaded Consulting Associate, Climate Change (Entry Level) Apply locations Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Ewing, New Jersey Annapolis, Maryland Washington, DC time type Full time posted on Posted 3 Days Ago job requisition id R00019194 ERM
is seeking an energetic, self-starting recent graduate or career Consulting Associate
to join its growing climate change team.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate or junior professional looking to work with an expert consulting team on interesting climate advisory and corporate sustainability projects for a wide range of Fortune 500 and privately held clients-helping them achieve positive and tangible social, environmental, and economic impact. This position will report into our Philadelphia
office and will consider other locations as well.Responsibilities:
- Aid the development of climate advisory projects including the development of corporate greenhouse gas inventories (scope 1 and 2, with particular emphasis on scope 3); emissions reductions levers such as energy efficiency measures, options for green power purchasing, onsite renewables, and estimating costs thereof.
- Support development of climate change strategy and action planning, and modeling and setting of science-based targets.
- Assist clients in the evaluation of climate change risks and opportunities, conducting financial impact analysis and reporting according to leading frameworks.
- Support clients with CDP advisory and reporting projects, and Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) projects.
- Provide assistance researching and summarizing project- or client-related information from publicly available sources for inclusion within final deliverables.
- Communicate with clients, ERM teams, and subcontractors (when applicable). In order to be able to take on this responsibility you will be trained on the job and learn how to manage projects within scope/budget/schedule as expected by client and ensure high quality standards on project deliverables.
Who We Are:
- Bachelors' degree in sustainability, engineering, environmental science, natural resources management, or other relevant disciplines (e.g., applied natural sciences). Or equivalency of 8+ years related experience.
- Recent graduate to 3 years' experience in climate change consulting or a related industry position.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think strategically, analyze and synthesize diverse qualitative and quantitative data and information.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with a range of stakeholders, including diverse project teams, client contacts, government agencies, and non-governmental organizations.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, articulate issues and recommend solutions.
- High level proficiency in use of Microsoft Office programs-comfort with complicated Excel formulas, pivot tables, etc., plus ability to present information succinctly and visually in PowerPoint; sophisticated data analysis a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written language skills are essential.
- Comfortable working both remotely and in-office when needed.
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Similar Jobs (5) Consultant, Climate Change (Associate Level) locations 7 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago Staff Environmental Consultant (Entry Level) locations 2 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 4 Days Ago About Us
ERM is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We work with the world's leading organizations, delivering innovative solutions and helping them to understand and manage their sustainability challenges. To do this, we have more than 5,500 people in over 40 countries and territories working out of more than 160 offices.
For nearly 50 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
"The business of sustainability" reflects what we do to support our clients as they strive to attain their business goals. Sustainability and business are now inextricably linked and as an expert in sustainability, we play a role in helping companies achieve their objectives with an understanding of how this impacts wider society and the environment. We intend to contribute even more to the global dialogue on sustainability and expect our work on sustainability challenges and opportunities to deliver growth in our business. Sustainability is our business.
E RM Homepage #J-18808-Ljbffr