Principal Consultant, Energy & Renewables page is loaded Principal Consultant, Energy & Renewables Apply locations Minneapolis, Minnesota Rolling Meadows, Illinois time type Full time posted on Posted 6 Days Ago job requisition id R00018855 ERM
is seeking a Principal Consultant, Energy & Renewables
in our Minneapolis , MN
office to assist with current client development, new business development, and transmission industry awareness. This position will focus on energy projects with responsibility for advancement of project development in both utility-scale wind and utility-scale solar, electric transmission, and energy storage projects. The position will require an understanding of the complexities of energy and environmental policy and will require a broad knowledge base from which to draw experience.
The successful candidate will engage in the development of multiple clients concurrently and have responsibility for cultivating new business by identifying project opportunities and conducting client outreach. And will work collaboratively with ERM teams/partners to build a portfolio of renewable energy clients in the upper Midwest; actively participate in industry working-groups related to potential or proposed policy changes or new initiatives; and be aware of market conditions and industry trends. Additionally, the candidate will assist ERM's development team in preparation of marketing materials and proposals.
Projects are often fast-paced, multi-faceted, and geographically diverse. The successful candidate must be capable of managing varying priorities in order to provide high-quality project deliverables completed on time and within budget. The candidate will need to demonstrate initiative, critical thinking, and creativity to generate ideas for research questions, work approaches, presentation of information, and issue resolution.
This is an excellent opportunity for an environmental professional looking to advance their career with a global environmental leader and expand ERM's geographic footprint in the transmission and renewable energy sector. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generate technical proposals, identify new leads, and participate in business development with existing clients. Maintain client relationships to support repeat business.
- Manage large and complex projects, either single or multi-site, on time and to budget including elements such as scope and delivery requirements, KPIs, budgeting, resourcing, planning, coordinating field and other technical work, and managing health, safety and risk aspects.
- Plans and facilitates meetings, focus groups, strategic planning sessions, and other events.
- Manages multiple projects concurrently-including directing the scope of work, collaborating with team members to complete project tasks, and managing client expectations.
- Act as client point of contact for project support, related to key client initiatives including day to day activities such as: base line surveys; pre-construction avian and bat studies; cultural resource surveys; special status species surveys; and wetland delineations and permitting.
- Lead strategic meetings with regulatory agencies to address regulatory and/or legislative requirements such as state siting review applications/processes.
- Work closely with clients and regulators to develop and implement creative solutions to construct projects in areas with sensitive environmental resources.
- Collaborate with other ERM team members to execute impact assessment and capital project permitting (e.g., baseline studies, environmental impact assessment, routing studies, land planning, and facility siting and permitting).
- Facilitate relationships on behalf of the client with U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and State Historic Preservation Offices.
- Contribute technical, subject matter or project management expertise on environmental critical issues assessments, impact assessment deliverables, and overall quality control review.
- Oversee multiple project teams with specific development focus in environmental diligence and mitigation, with federal, state or local regulatory agencies for renewable energy projects.
Who We Are:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Environmental Studies, Planning, Geography, Civil or Environmental Engineering, or related natural resources science field of study.
- 6+ years of transmission routing & siting, environmental impact assessment, natural resources permitting experience on renewable energy projects, including consulting for private-sector clients.
- Working knowledge of key natural resource regulations, including the National Environmental Policy Act, Section 404 of the Clean Water Act, Section 10 of the Rivers and Harbors Act, and Section 7 of the Endangered Species Act.
- Experience with federal, state, and local permitting in the Midwest, in particular with the preparation of applications for Public Utility Commissions in the Midwest.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite software.
- Demonstrated ability to research and prepare concise and accurate technical documents.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and as a collaborative member of a project team.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, which includes being comfortable and effective at communicating complex technical knowledge and concepts to other staff, clients, regulatory agencies, and project stakeholders.
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Similar Jobs (2) Managing Consultant - Energy, Environmental & Renewables locations 7 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 6 Days Ago Principal Consultant, Hydrogeologist - Mining Sector (Mid-Senior Level) locations 9 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago About Us
ERM is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We work with the world's leading organizations, delivering innovative solutions and helping them to understand and manage their sustainability challenges. To do this, we have more than 5,500 people in over 40 countries and territories working out of more than 160 offices.
For nearly 50 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
"The business of sustainability" reflects what we do to support our clients as they strive to attain their business goals. Sustainability and business are now inextricably linked and as an expert in sustainability, we play a role in helping companies achieve their objectives with an understanding of how this impacts wider society and the environment. We intend to contribute even more to the global dialogue on sustainability and expect our work on sustainability challenges and opportunities to deliver growth in our business. Sustainability is our business. ERM Homepage