Vaulted is an emerging leader in permanent carbon removal. A biomass carbon removal and storage (BiCRs) solution, Vaulted delivers permanent, high quality carbon removal at scale through the geologic sequestration of carbon-filled organic waste.
Vaulted's approach is designed to be the lowest-cost, gigaton scale, permanent carbon removal. We sequester sludgy organic wastes (biosolids, manure, agricultural, food waste, paper sludge, etc.) that today are sent to a landfill, dumped into an ocean/river, land applied, or otherwise left to decompose, releasing GHGs into the atmosphere. Vaulted leverages a suite of patented, mature, geologic slurry sequestration technologies which allow us to sequester organic waste with minimal processing. We inject deep under the earth's surface, where the carbon is permanently trapped under a layer of impermeable rock - the same formations that have kept hydrocarbons underground for millions of years. We have two permitted, operational, facilities allowing us to reach near-term meaningful scale.
Our carbon removal approach goes beyond vaulting carbon. It inherently improves local environmental and human health. In doing so, our operations redress historically unjust waste management practices and advance environmental justice.
Vaulted is backed by leading carbon removal and climate investors, including Lowercarbon Capital, Earthshot Ventures, and WovenEarth Ventures. About the Role
At Vaulted, we have an aggressive plan to rapidly scale our business operations and climate impact. The pace at which we grow is directly tied to our ability to bring high-quality permanent carbon removal credits to the market.
As the CDR Strategy & Commercialization Lead, you will:
- Support in the development of the go-to-market strategy for Vaulted's CDR product offering and related offering
- Support business development activities including negotiating key partnership and leading sales efforts including building a customer pipeline, building customer relationships, and ultimately securing CDR sales
- Ensure that the Vaulted brand is synonymous with top-quality permanent carbon removal by facilitating CDR quality efforts (including life cycle assessments, registry certification, etc.) and shaping the emerging BiCRs industry standards in partnership with players in the CDR ecosystem
- Drive organizational productivity through creating and implementing OKRs (Objectives & Key Results) among other internal processes to connect the commercial side of the business with our engineering and operations units
This is a unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced and rewarding environment where your contributions will directly lead to mitigating, and eventually reversing, the worst impacts of climate change.
Location can be flexible - we have offices in Houston, TX and San Francisco, CA. In person is preferred, but we are flexible geographically for the right fit. What you will bring
To succeed in this role, and to help the company to succeed in our mission, the CDR Strategy & Commercialization Lead will need, most of all, restlessness, drive, hustle, and a deep sense of urgency. They will need to be able to manage multiple threads at the same time, while delivering rapid results if for no other reason than the planet simply cannot wait. In addition, we seek a candidate with:
- 3+ years of work experience in the climate or sustainability space (ideally with carbon removal) including familiarity with LCAs and the CDR landscape (key players, business processes, etc.)
- 2+ years of work experience in consulting or related field preferred
- Experience with data analysis (primarily Excel) and translating complex data into a clear and compelling story (including via PPT)
- Experience designing and implementing business processes and OKRs
- Experience with B2B sales a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in written and spoken English. Ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders, including investors, customers, business partners and team members. Capable of presenting complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Committed to sustainability with a deep understanding of the environmental, social, and economic benefits of carbon removal and/or climate change mitigation.