Ramboll is a global multi-disciplinary engineering, design, and consultancy company.
We have 16,500 employees worldwide, with 300 offices across 35 countries, including 59 offices in the US.
Joining Ramboll means working for a company that strives to make a difference - for our employees, clients, and society. We truly support and encourage your professional development. You will contribute to exciting and innovative projects, and work for sustainable change so people and nature can flourish. Here you will contribute to a sustainable future in an inclusive, collaborative, and empowering culture. You will feel invited and guided to unfold your ingenuity and develop your excellence.
Ramboll. Bright ideas. Sustainable change. Join us! Job Description
Job locations can be San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Denver, or Boston. Hybrid work arrangements and remote work may be considered. A cover letter connecting your background to the responsibilities of the position is required.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Ramboll is seeking someone with initiative, relevant leadership experience and business development track record to help lead the growth of our sustainability practice and contribute to advancing innovative, cross-disciplinary solutions for our clients. We are looking for candidates with 10+ years of carbon accounting and sustainability project management experience in a consulting environment.
If you are technical, self-motivated, and passionate about climate action and sustainability, please apply! Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative, and creative culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in Denmark in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies, and people around the world. You will join our Environment & Health Division
As our new Senior Managing Consultant/Principal, you will be part of the Transformational Sustainability Service Line (TSSL) in Ramboll's Environment & Health Division. Our group consists of energetic, caring individuals who are passionate about helping Ramboll's clients tackle their most challenging problems related to climate change and sustainability. The TSSL Group consults with international clients across various industries on a range of topics, using technical analyses to inform our client's sustainability approach in areas as varied as: carbon strategy; corporate sustainability initiatives; business and investment strategy; and environmental, social and governance (ESG) strategy. The individual we seek will effectively drive business development activities within your network and with other Ramboll clients while overseeing high quality project execution and contribute to building the team to support our growing practice. The successful candidate will have a proven track record, excellent technical and client management skills, and a commitment to mentoring and developing junior staff. Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
Your starting point for constant growth
- Provide overall leadership for carbon accounting and sustainability services, including developing long-term client relationships, building sales pipeline, ensuring high quality project delivery, and contribute to growing and building capacity of the required team to deliver against agreed upon growth targets
- Provide industry-specific thought leadership on emerging carbon accounting, decarbonization, and sustainability topics and leverage your and Ramboll's collective expertise to position Ramboll as a trusted, expert advisor in this sector
- Oversee project delivery with a focus on client management, quality assurance, and building deep, long-term relationships that position Ramboll as the partner of choice for our clients
- Collaborate with Ramboll America's EHS, energy, water and management consulting experts in deploying integrated sustainability solutions as a marketplace differentiator
- Drive innovation and thought leadership within focus area(s) to stay ahead of client needs and support brand and positioning efforts
- Build capacity within the team, including leading recruiting efforts, providing formal and informal learning opportunities, and driving career development for junior team members
- Work cooperatively to manage team growth and workload, and train/mentor staff to drive career development for junior team members
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- B.S./M.S./Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Sustainability or related discipline
- 10 - 20+ years sustainability consulting experience including carbon accounting and verification projects
- Experience delivering sustainability, carbon management and accounting projects to clients across a variety of sectors, including development of project scopes, coordination and delegation of work, and management of budget and schedule
- Subject matter expertise in sustainability, carbon accounting and verification methods and standards, and developing and delivering GHG inventories, verifications and/or carbon footprints
- Subject matter expertise with voluntary climate change and sustainability methodologies and reporting frameworks (e.g., GHGP, TCFD, CDP, SASB, GRI, GRESB, PCAF)
Preferred Skills include:
- Demonstrated thought leadership in carbon accounting, management and sustainability
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include the following abilities:
- Formal training in carbon accounting and verification, such as graduate level training or professional certification
- Experience developing GHG Targets, especially SBTi
- Certifications from standard setters like WRI, ISO, GHGP, etc.
- Voluntary and/or Mandatory GHG Verification
- Experience with audit or assurance engagements
Welcome to our Environment & Health Division
- Strong work ethic and passion for producing high quality work and continual improvement.
- Initiative, good judgement, and strong prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to a deadline
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing stakeholder interests
- Ability to collaborate in a supportive, fun environment
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase livability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world's leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues. We offer:
- The ability to work at the intersection of technology, business, and sustainability
- A global client base that spans all major industries
- An interesting and diverse role in an international context with an international company
- Employment with one of the world's leading environmental and health consultancies in a dynamic and rapidly growing field
- An opportunity to help our clients grow while enhancing environmental sustainability
Ramboll has nearly 2,000 experts working across 50+ offices in our Americas Business applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Management Consulting, Water, Energy, and Advanced Manufacturing. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative, and empowering culture. A cover letter connecting your background to the responsibilities of this role is required for this position.
Thank you! QualificationsAdditional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. #J-18808-Ljbffr